People think that i am not civilied. What do you think?

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. off topic thread

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 16:23
Hi the topic is this one:

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/f-s--new--pentax--da-16-45mm-f-4-and-new-...

After reading it you can answer to the poll question.

Regards,
Petros
K-5II, Da 10-17mm, Fa 50mm f/1.4, af-540fgz
sigma 18-125mm hsm DC, sigma 70-300mm DC

johnriley

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 17:14
This is a very unwise thread IMHO, I'll leave it for now but if it becomes uncivilised in itself don't be surprised.

I think what you mean by your question might be do we think you were civil, not civilised.
Best regards, John

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 17:30
johnriley wrote:

I think what you mean by your question might be do we think you were civil, not civilised.

Yes John, that's what i mean, thank you.
I just checked the lexicon.

Regards,
Petros

michaelblue

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 17:40
Just asking for trouble...unnecessary provocation
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 17:59
michaelblue wrote:
Just asking for trouble...unnecessary provocation

Not at all.
My intention is to satisfy my curiosity!
It is something like an experiment.

Regards,
Petros

greynolds999

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 18:33
Personally I think you would like us all to think you're wild and interesting.

"Just look at your 'crazy' avatar. This man smokes and drinks whisky! He has long hair!! He must be a crazy twisted artist!!!"

Sorry, I'm not buying it. There are far more interesting, artistic, annoying and deranged people on this forum. You're an amateur I'm afraid.
My Photobucket

Mike-P

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 18:37
Difficult to say really .. it could just be a clash of cultures and as I don't know you personally it would be unfair to judge.

What is considered as uncivil in the UK may not necessarily be so in Greece, especially as I know people from other countries tend to speak their mind whereas the British are (mostly) quite reserved.

There was one member here that used to wind me up every time he posted but he probably had no idea he was doing it.
. My Flickr

fritzthedog

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 18:37
To paraphrase Mike P - Nothing to see here, move along

Or to be more succinct - yawn zzzzzzzzzzz
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 18:51
greynolds999 wrote:

"Just look at your 'crazy' avatar. This man smokes and drinks whisky! He has long hair!! He must be a crazy twisted artist!!!"

Sorry, I'm not buying it. There are far more interesting, artistic, annoying and deranged people on this forum. You're an amateur I'm afraid.

Hahaha

MattyH

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 18:53
What I can tell by the thread that you have posted is that you have taken umbridge or offence at a Unkown PM from an Unkown member, your request was for a swap for a camera or cameras for what you had on offer, In that thread you never stated what you really wanted, ie, a certain amount of money and say a Pentax K20,

We have only heard one side of the story which is yours, you have never stated what the offer was and if they were uncivil to you, so we can make our own minds up on the matter,

What I think would of been a better way to deal with this issue you seem to have, is for you just to politely reject the offer and await the next one.

What you have done as you can tell by your own poll is to make sure know one will deal with yourself again, as it seems to come with a lot of baggage, ie problems and possible backlash.

percy

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 19:09
I agree with MattyH
Quote:
What I think would have been a better way to deal with this issue you seem to have, is for you just to politely reject the offer and await the next one.

MattyH

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 19:19
As a sub note, I have a Pentax MX and lens for sale in the classifieds, but please no silly or uncivil offers or requests please or I will be forced to pass your details on to petros205 and let him deal with it.

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 19:25
This one grows fast!!!

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 19:34
MattyH wrote:
As a sub note, I have a Pentax MX and lens for sale in the classifieds, but please no silly or uncivil offers or requests please or I will be forced to pass your details on to petros205 and let him deal with it.

You can count on me MattyH!

petros205

Link Posted 10/05/2013 - 19:50
greynolds999 wrote:

I am indeed an amateur, generally! Don't be afraid..

And YES!!! WHAT I WANT FOR MY LIFE IS THE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM TO FIND ME INTERESTING AND CRAZY!
ouf, i said it... such a relief...

It is funny!! the picture is suposed to make people like you (who find annoying/funny those artistic-interesting guys) to laugh.

Despite the fact that your avatar lacks of civility i am capable of understanding what it is. You can do it too with other people's avatars!!!, next time.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us as it "made the snake to come out of its hole" and that confirms me, as it indicates that he cares but can't really say anything

Regards,
Petros
Last Edited by petros205 on 10/05/2013 - 19:54
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. off topic thread