tyronet2000

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:26
I think someone mentioned the war, and think they got away with it
Regards
Stan

PPG

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:31
Has anyone actually read any of the posts in this thread before going off on one about negativity?
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

tyronet2000

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:34
Pentaxophile wrote:
Has anyone actually read any of the posts in this thread before going off on one about negativity?

Well there's nothing worth watching on the telly till Terra Nova starts
Regards
Stan

PPG

Mike-P

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:35
tyronet2000 wrote:

Well there's nothing worth watching on the telly till Terra Nova starts

I really wanted to like that series ... unfortunately I don't.
. My Flickr

fatspider

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:37
Pentaxophile wrote:

Yes I did, the title was enough

And yes I have had problems with a Pentax but simply put it down to one of those things, I am not going to sing tales of woe about it in a thread dedicated to such.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

fatspider

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:39
I wonder if I can make 5000 posts before xmas
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

davex

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:40
Quote:

You could always welcome new members
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

davex

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:41
Quote:

Or congratulate old members
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Mike-P

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:42
5 posts a day should just about do it.
. My Flickr

johnriley

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:45
Please stay on the subject and don't spoil someone's thread with lots of irrelevant posts.
Best regards, John

jeeess1967

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 20:35
Hi, I agree with John. Now coming back to the thread....FIst I had an IST DL, sold it and bought a K10D and a K20D. Then gave away the K20D and bought a K7. Now I have a K10D and a K7 with a Pentax 18-55 WR, Pentax 28-105, Sigma 28-300 and a Pentax 50-200 WR. I am happy with all the stuff. My K10D produces a little slanted shots and I am now used to making adjustments while clicking. No problems at all. Thanks Pentax for great products....regards, Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.

dbedford

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 20:47
So to problems, bought my first SLR a K1000 when it was released fault free, ME Super fault free, returned to using a SLR with a K20D after losing my way for some years fault free and just upgraded to a K5 so far fault free. All have been a joy to use and yes some days I do exchange a knowing nod when I meet another Pentax user amid the sea of Canon users. Loved every minute, while there's a SLR out there with Pentax written on the pentaprism I'll be dreaming of my next purchase...

Sorry wrong Fred...
Best Regards
David

my snapz http://www.ephotozine.com/user/dbedford-78678

tyronet2000

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 20:48
The second Pentax and first digital I bought was a 2nd hand *istDL2. I think it takes decent pics, and I could use the lenses I had from the SFXn film camera, but seems heavy on the batteries but helped me decide to stay with Pentax and upgrade to a K7, now cheap as chips My biggest gripe I suppose is the cost of new lenses, not many bargains on the second hand market either, but there again do I need them. I'm keeping the *ist as I'm told I can play about with IR filters. I want my photography to remain a hobby and not become a chore
Regards
Stan

PPG

DrOrloff

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 21:23
My first DSLR was a K20D. It showed vertical banding problems and the rather unhelpful retailer (a Pro Centre) inisited on sending it to Pentax for repair. It came back with the same problem, so sent it back a second time. It came back with the same problem, so sent it back a third time. The sensor was replaced but the replacement sensor was faulty too and had to be re-replaced. Then it started taking blurry picture, so returned again for a fourth time. An internal screw had become loose and lodged in the sensor assenbly. Then the dial stopped working correctly, one click would change the aperture by several stops. Sent it back for the fifth time but got the Managing Director of the retailer involved as I had had enough - each return had involved a complicated journey from France to England and back. Pentax agreed to replace the K20D with a K7. Result finally!!!!!!!! (although it had cost me enough in postage and more in stress). The K7 didn't work - it didn't recognise any lens and only metered in green button mode. It turned out it had been a faulty camera returned to Pentax and they passed it on to me. This time got the MD of Pentax UK involved and I got a brand new K7, a genuine result this time. As I had been underwhelmed with the K7's ISO performance I px'd it, this time with SRS for a just released K5. Result!!!!! The K5 had sensor stains and was replaced without quibble and without transit cost. The replacement K5 had sensor stains too and was replaced without quibble and without transit cost. So far so good with the current K5 - my sixth Pentax in two years.

That's not moaning it's just what happened. I've probably had good enough reason to switch brands but I love Pentax lenses and the K5. Noone else does the DA*50-135, the DA55-300 or the unique Ltds or has such a range of beautiful old lenses to play with.

Beat that!
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

fritzthedog

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 21:27
Back in my student days - many moons ago - my favourite poster on my bedsit wall depicted a Victorian scene of a rail bridge collapsing - with Isambard Kingdom Brunel standing looking at it. The caption underneath read "Shit happens"

My K5 is back with SRS after the lens release button fell off. Shit happens - doesn't alter the fact that it is a superb camera and I can not wait to get it back!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.