Pentax SMC FA 35mm F2 for sale

JonSchick

Link Posted 24/01/2010 - 22:25
Excellent lens for sale - unfortunately I've been bitten by the Limited bug, and can't justify buying new lenses that overlap focal lengths of what I already have, so time to see if anyone is interested in this super sharp fast prime that's a great standard length on APS C cameras.

I've owned the lens since new (it's about two years old) and it will come boxed, with hood, caps, nice Pentax pouch (will miss that!) plus the original plastic bags and silica gel!

The lens itself is in superb condition - pretty much unmarked. The hood shows some light signs of use (the photo below was taken is harsh light and makes it look worse than it really is).

You can still find these new if you try hard (the cheapest I could find was a little over £300), and if you read the review on Photozone you'll see that it's a fine piece of glass - a great way to supplement consumer zooms with something small, sharp and bright.

I'm asking £220 including insured P&P within the UK. I will ship to the EU but would need to check cost of postage before confirming price - and would also prefer PayPal for EU sales (will therefore also need to charge the PayPal commission).

Please PM if you are interested.

Jon

Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

Bat28

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 11:44
You have a PM !

K5II

JonSchick

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 13:58
Reply sent...
Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 17:31
This great lens is still available and I am open to sensible offers (very) close to the asking price.

Cheers,

Jon
Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 22:14
The lens is sold and moving to the continent where it hopes to be used to photograph better food and wine, and benefit from less rubbish weather than we have here! Thanks for looking, Jon
Jon

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 22:28
Oh, how did I miss this?
. My Flickr

womble

Link Posted 25/01/2010 - 23:42
I know we all suffer from LBA to some degree but Mike-P's affliction appears to be particularly acute...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Greytop

Link Posted 26/01/2010 - 01:11
womble wrote:
I know we all suffer from LBA to some degree but Mike-P's affliction appears to be particularly acute...

I would agree, I think Mike needs us to help him, perhaps a breather away from the classified section for a couple of months

Besides it might give the rest of us a chance
Regards Huw

flickr

Bat28

Link Posted 26/01/2010 - 08:18
JonSchick wrote:
The lens is sold and moving to the continent where it hopes to be used to photograph better food and wine, and benefit from less rubbish weather than we have here! Thanks for looking, Jon

I won't be so sure about the better weather ...
K5II

JonSchick

Link Posted 26/01/2010 - 09:58
And who is going to own up to buying the 31Ltd from Ffordes? I know it wasn't me... Mike?.......
Jon

Mike-P

Link Posted 26/01/2010 - 15:01
Nope, not me.
. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.