pentax smc d-fa 100mm f2.8 wr macro 379.00

Renster

Link Posted 21/04/2013 - 18:02
http://www.microglobe.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=100+dfa

Ive just ordered one. Ive not heard of the company before but have read some good reviews. Very good price too!

I will let you know if the transaction goes smoothly or not.
Last Edited by Renster on 21/04/2013 - 18:06

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 21/04/2013 - 18:13
Awesome!
I was about to buy one of these elsewhere for 60 more!
Thanks for sharing - just ordered.
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

AndrewH

Link Posted 21/04/2013 - 19:42
I have been looking at these as well...will be interested to hear your experiences with this retailer!
flickr

Eastridge

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 09:37
Having considered buying from them in the past, my understanding is that Microglobe are reputable themselves but are known for sometimes selling 'grey imports' to get the prices down.

Some don't care as it saves money, others are more cautious re potential warranty issues.

This page does specifically say 'UK sourced stock' so on face of it should not be 'grey' unless they are using some 'weasel wording'. But if this would be an issue for you suggest you investigate.
Sharon's: K-x, FA35/2, DA 18-250.Glen's: K10D, DA100 Macro, 55-300, Paragon 500, Silk Pro700 Tripod
Last Edited by Eastridge on 22/04/2013 - 09:39

elfer

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 10:34
I was in the shop buying a filter last week. Looks a bit disorganised but you can't argue with the prices.

Be aware though that their stock is grey imported. It's not from the UK distributor. Take 'UK Soured' to mean that they were in the UK when they sourced the item, not that the item was. So you won't have Pentax UK to go to in the event of a warranty claim. Your only recourse would be to go back to Microglobe, and if they stop trading then tough.

That said, it's a screw drive focus prime not an SDM zoom. I imagine there's not too much to go wrong.

I've ordered one. I've been after one for a while, and it's the best price I've seen by some margin. Thanks for the tip-off, Renster.

Renster

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 10:36
Just a quick update. Had an email this morning stating lens has been sent. Tracking number supplied.

elfer

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 10:37
Sorry to repeat what you already said, Eastridge. There was a delay between my opening the page and posting, so I hadn't read your comment. Makes mine a little superfluous!

Renster

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 10:41
elfer wrote:
I was in the shop buying a filter last week. Looks a bit disorganised but you can't argue with the prices.

Be aware though that their stock is grey imported. It's not from the UK distributor. Take 'UK Soured' to mean that they were in the UK when they sourced the item, not that the item was. So you won't have Pentax UK to go to in the event of a warranty claim. Your only recourse would be to go back to Microglobe, and if they stop trading then tough.

That said, it's a screw drive focus prime not an SDM zoom. I imagine there's not too much to go wrong.

I've ordered one. I've been after one for a while, and it's the best price I've seen by some margin. Thanks for the tip-off, Renster.

I must admit I'm not too worried about the warranty issue. I was looking to buy used anyway. One went on eBay Saturday for 316. So for an extra 60 I get a brand new one. And I'm moving to australia in a few weeks , so the warranty is as good as nothing anyway.

giofi

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 11:48
Hi, I believe that warranties are EU wide, so issues, if any, would arise if the lens was imported from outside the EU. That is for manufacturer warranty AFAIK, statutory warranty is given by the seller, so it does not depend on the origin of the lens.
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery
Last Edited by giofi on 22/04/2013 - 11:48

Gamka

Link Posted 22/04/2013 - 14:57
Renster wrote:

I must admit I'm not too worried about the warranty issue. I was looking to buy used anyway. One went on eBay Saturday for 316. So for an extra 60 I get a brand new one. And I'm moving to australia in a few weeks , so the warranty is as good as nothing anyway.

I have spoken to Pentax UK in the past about warranties and they were a little hazy in what might apply. Their comments suggested that if a consumer has purchased when abroad through a bona-fide distribution channel then the warranty may still apply. Grey imports and web-sales will probably not be covered.

The warranty is International and a legitimate UK sourced item will be covered under warranty when in Australia. http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/warranty-policy.html does not restrict you to country of purchase.

http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/european-warranty.html The European warranty policy actually states " the service centre approved by PENTAX as shown in the list of the PENTAX Worldwide Network of Service Centres"
Last Edited by Gamka on 22/04/2013 - 14:59

Renster

Link Posted 23/04/2013 - 19:49
I received my lens today. No problems at all!

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/04/2013 - 20:15
I reckon that's a mistake ... The old D-FA used to be that price.

They also have it HERE

I would be quick if anyone else wants one.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Algernon

Link Posted 23/04/2013 - 21:03
Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Renster

Link Posted 23/04/2013 - 21:04
I noticed that too mike. I assumed maybe it was an old batch perhaps. I didnt consider that it might be a mistake. Oh well, Happy Days
Mike-P wrote:
I reckon that's a mistake ... The old D-FA used to be that price.

They also have it HERE

I would be quick if anyone else wants one.

AndrewH

Link Posted 23/04/2013 - 21:10
I'm waiting for an email to confirm they have stock...
flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.