Pentax Photo Gallery

adi2410355

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 13:18
Hello,
I tried to get the response in a thread relating to the subject some time ago, but didn't so I thought I'd create a new topic.
Do you know how a user can create an account in the Pentax Photo Gallery? (http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home). I sent them a message, but received no response and I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to wait to be chosen or I have to submit samples of my work somewhere? I presume the latter as one of the threads said so, but they've never got back to me, so I'm not sure whether it's how the system works, perhaps you do? I would much appreciate your assistance.

With very best regards,

Adrian

thoughton

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 13:26
You just send them a message, and they get back to you with a login and password. It only took a few days when I did it, it sounds like your email has been mislaid. I would just send another one
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!

gartmore

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 13:28
You request a code from photogallery@pentax.com then, when you receive it, you enter it here: link

I'm pretty sure I didn't submit any samples of my work.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

JForeigner

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:32
Hi,

I just emailed them, and they sent me a link with my log on details to my inbox. I have just submitted my first pictures last week, and now am waiting to see if I have been succesful or not. Does anyone know how long it takes for your pictures to work through the system before you get a yes, or a no. And do you get emailed, or do you need to check PPG on a regular basis?

G
Armed with a K3, some M, A, FA, DA, and star lens. With an eye open for "just one more lens".

My PPG link

gartmore

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:37
You don't get emailed and the waiting times vary a lot. My thinking is that if you post two image at the same time and one gets voted down and the other gets voted up then the former goes into the 'rejected' section and the the latter stays 'ready for review' until Pentax approve it.

This is, of course, just received wisdom since I have never had any rejected.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

adi2410355

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 14:58
Aha! Thanks a lot guys! That's very helpful.
I didn't know they judge whether the picture is worth publishing. I'll try with my account again, thanks again!
Adrian

Prieni

Link Posted 25/08/2010 - 19:12
gartmore wrote:

This is, of course, just received wisdom since I have never had any rejected.

WOW! A true master!

And I thought my ratio of 97 of 273 submitted wasn't bad. Shows what a tosser I am...

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.