Pentax P30
Posted 20/01/2022 - 18:24
Link
I had a P30 a few years back... it is a great little camera, but i prefered the "older" ones. The P30 is neither fully electronic, or manual and i found that a bit annoying, so i tended to use the MEs, MX, K1000 etc.
It is a great camera to play with though, i got some good shots with mine.
It is a great camera to play with though, i got some good shots with mine.
Pentax k1000, MX, ME Super, K5iiD 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.
Posted 21/01/2022 - 12:55
Link
P30s (and the ir T and N variants) are the best bargain around in manual focus 35mm film SLRs. Solid and reliable with a very good viewfinder.
Very common and without the classic looks of the K100 or ME Super means that prices are generally very low though.
Very common and without the classic looks of the K100 or ME Super means that prices are generally very low though.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 08/02/2022 - 20:40
Link
The viewfinder is particularly impressive for a budget SLR.
Posted 09/02/2022 - 00:13
Link
I had a most interesting experience with mine. When I finished with film I put it on Ebay. Two people got themselves into a bidding war over it and it sold for £137 !
It was a good camera - but not that good.
It was a good camera - but not that good.
Posted 09/02/2022 - 10:23
Link
davidwozhere wrote:
I had a most interesting experience with mine. When I finished with film I put it on Ebay. Two people got themselves into a bidding war over it and it sold for £137 !
It was a good camera - but not that good.
Wow. They usually sell for around £20. Are you sure it didn't have an 85/1.8 or a 35/2 on the front of it?
I had a most interesting experience with mine. When I finished with film I put it on Ebay. Two people got themselves into a bidding war over it and it sold for £137 !
It was a good camera - but not that good.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4862 posts
15 years
Northumberland
Stan
PPG