Pentax MZ-S 35mm SLR

AlJones2402

Link Posted 07/11/2017 - 12:24
A reluctant sale again but hardly getting any use.
A rare Pentax MZ-S camera complete with original box etc. In very good condition.

Also available is the Pentax battery grip BG-10 which I purchased separately 2nd hand. No box available wirh this. Has a slight hairline crack near the locking mechanism which it already had when I purchased it. Has no affect at all on functionality.

Asking 225 for the complete set.
Viewing always welcome with cash on collection or postage option available with paypal or bank transfer payments.

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 07/11/2017 - 18:10
Amazing camera, it had no chance when launched as the march to digital had already begun...

I bought one knowing at least I had to own, cherish and use one (I'd put around 100 films through mine) but in the end it was being used less and less so I parted with mine reluctantly.

It really is a must for someone to appreciate Pentax's penultimate film SLR for what it was, an absolute classic. Good luck with the sale.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

AlJones2402

Link Posted 10/11/2017 - 09:02
Thanks. It is a great camera but unfortunately gets very little use. Better it go to a new home who will use as intended.

ilovesaabs wrote:
Amazing camera, it had no chance when launched as the march to digital had already begun...

I bought one knowing at least I had to own, cherish and use one (I'd put around 100 films through mine) but in the end it was being used less and less so I parted with mine reluctantly.

It really is a must for someone to appreciate Pentax's penultimate film SLR for what it was, an absolute classic. Good luck with the sale.

AlJones2402

Link Posted 10/11/2017 - 09:02
Bump!
Open to sensible offers on all equipment. Thanks

OneCut

Link Posted 02/12/2017 - 14:35
Hello,

I'm interested. Is this still available?

AlJones2402

Link Posted 03/12/2017 - 21:15
OneCut wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested. Is this still available?

Have sent pm.

AlJones2402

Link Posted 06/12/2017 - 23:22
215 Delivered anyone?

AlJones2402

Link Posted 09/01/2018 - 01:04
BUMP!

AlJones2402

Link Posted 10/01/2018 - 20:58
Update:
The grip has now been sold and will be off to it's new owner tomorrow.

Open to sensible offers on the camera body only now, complete with original box etc.
Thanks

ronniemac

Link Posted 17/01/2018 - 17:59
Grip arrived today, very many thanks for selling it to me, Al.

Anyone considering shooting with film should give the MZ-S a look, it is a fantastic camera, and Pentax's most advanced SLR.
I paid more for my MZ-S than Al is asking for and still it was a good deal.

danofmk

Link Posted 17/01/2018 - 20:55
There is no logical supportable reason for feeling like this, but I just can't help myself from feeling like if I am shooting film I should be shooting MF only

I can't shift it from my head!

ronniemac

Link Posted 18/01/2018 - 12:56
I get what you say danofmk, and indeed more often than not use the MZ-S in Manual Focus (and manual exposure) mode. Other times though, I do find auto focus and aperture or shutter priority really useful.

The MZ-S leaves you wanting for nothing - a magnificant film SLR camera which works with almost the current digital era full frame lenses as well as Pentax classic primes.

If you enjoy shooting SLR with film, this camera must be in contention.

danofmk

Link Posted 18/01/2018 - 15:04
Convince me....

In what ways will I enjoy the whole experience of owning and using this as much as my ME Super, Kx and spotmatic?

I want to be convinced!

AlJones2402

Link Posted 23/01/2018 - 17:41
ronniemac wrote:
Grip arrived today, very many thanks for selling it to me, Al.

Anyone considering shooting with film should give the MZ-S a look, it is a fantastic camera, and Pentax's most advanced SLR.
I paid more for my MZ-S than Al is asking for and still it was a good deal.

Thank you for your purchase and kind comments. Ho0e it serves you well.

Best wishes
Al

AlJones2402

Link Posted 23/01/2018 - 17:43
Thank you all for the interest in these items but can now confirm both camera and grip now sold.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.