Pentax MX and a SMC Pentax 15mm f/3.5.

womble

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 08:45

Sept 13: MX and 15mm par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

pschlute

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 12:08
Wow....a black MX and a "K" 15mm 3.5. What a serious bit of kit.
Peter

My Flickr page

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 13:36
That’s a feast for the eyes.

pschlute

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 15:55
I have used the smc 15mm 3.5 on the K1 and was pleasantly surprised with the results. All the reviews say it is soft but shooting at around f8 I thought it was fine.

The only problem is flare. Forget the built in hood, the way I worked was to hold the camera with one hand (I forgot the tripod), and use the other hand as a floating shade. With the angle of view I had to be very careful keeping my mitt out of the shot.
Peter

My Flickr page

womble

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 16:30
I got the 15mm and the black MX as part of a large job lot of stuff quite some time ago. I think I could have covered the costs by selling the 15mm alone. It was the sort of deal that made ebay so much fun originally.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

HarisF1

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 17:34
I bought one once that came with the strangest separation I've ever seen. The centre of the cemented doublet had separated in a mysterious looking mazey pattern.

The lens itself seemed to deliver decent edge quality even though the centre of the images was totally horrible due to the defect.

It's a lens I'd still like to try, especially if the aspherical version can be found.

womble

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 19:30
Some example photos with this lens.

K20D

Ayot Tomb par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Squirrel (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Pentax LX, Kodachrome 64.

St Petroc's, Trevalga, Cornwall. par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

LX, Kodak BW400CN.

Bethesda (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear

My website

K10D

Link Posted 14/09/2020 - 19:48
I still have & use my 15mm.

Way back in the day (1992) I used the 15mm on an MX and LX extensively in the Wadi's in Oman loaded with Ektachrome and Kodachrome.

The images above show just how versatile the combo is. Thanks for posting Kris.

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.