Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax M Viewfinder Cover Blind CAP M x 4 for DSLRs

jeallen01
Posted 25/09/2017 - 12:15 Link
I picked up 6 of the above from Canada from the following ad in the hope that one of them would fit a digital series Pentax DSLR - but they don't (too small)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222645750231
So does anyone need 1 (or more!) for £3.50 each (or £3 each for more than one )?
Prices include P&P (in an envelope!) if you are in the UK.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Edited by jeallen01: 25/09/2017 - 12:25
johnriley
Posted 25/09/2017 - 15:59 Link
I'm puzzled as it is Viewfinder cap M that is supplied with all Pentax DSLRs.

You did remove the eyecup before trying to fit it?
Best regards, John
jeallen01
Posted 25/09/2017 - 17:45 Link
johnriley wrote:
I'm puzzled as it is Viewfinder cap M that is supplied with all Pentax DSLRs.
You did remove the eyecup before trying to fit it?

Thanks, and your comment made me look at the DSLR bodies again, and -Duh !! - I realised that I was trying to remove the eyecup the wrong way (virtually never having done that before!). Now I see how the eyecup should be removed, and the Viewfinder Cap M DOES fit.

Result: keeping 1 for the K-5 (which I hope to sell soon) and keeping 1 more as a general "spare" for the other bodies, and so that means that there are still 4 left to sell-on - same deal as before = £3.50 each, or £3 each for more than one, including UK post (only)

PS: Please could someone now amend the thread title to ...Vintage Pentax M Viewfinder Cover Blind CAP M x 4 - fits the DSLRs as well!!!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
jeallen01
Posted 25/09/2017 - 21:19 Link
1 provisionally sold, so only 3 more left - Roll up, Roll up
PS: I'm not making any profit on these - just passing along the savings as the lowest price i could find last week for a brand new one was £12 + p&p (for a very small piece of plastic!)
PS: Many Thx to John or whoever changed the thread title!
Edited by jeallen01: 25/09/2017 - 21:23
jeallen01
Posted 25/09/2017 - 21:58 Link
3 now provisionally gone - who wants the LAST ONE?
PS: I hope purchasers will understand that, due to the very low prices, these will be sent basic RM 2nd Class post !
Edited by jeallen01: 25/09/2017 - 21:59
vic cross
Posted 26/09/2017 - 09:38 Link
I'll have the last one please.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
jeallen01
Posted 26/09/2017 - 09:49 Link
All 4 now provisionally sold
jeallen01
Posted 26/09/2017 - 16:02 Link
All 4 now definitely sold
jeallen01
Posted 27/09/2017 - 20:42 Link
All now posted
davidwozhere
Posted 27/09/2017 - 22:21 Link
As I wrote a good while back, if you have one of the old, metal lenscaps from a Takumar, or similar, you can just hang it over the viewfinder/ eyecup. No fiddling and just as effective!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
vic cross
Posted 30/09/2017 - 14:04 Link
Mornin' Allen. Sat 30th. Post arrived. One envelope corner torn. No contents. The hole was just about big enough to get the cover out. Like the famous parrot. It is no more' it is gone, it is deceased.
Not to worry I'll just sue the Royal Mail. I won't go bankrupt for the cost of it.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
jeallen01
Posted 30/09/2017 - 14:22 Link
vic cross wrote:
Mornin' Allen. Sat 30th. Post arrived. One envelope corner torn. No contents. The hole was just about big enough to get the cover out. Like the famous parrot. It is no more' it is gone, it is deceased.
Not to worry I'll just sue the Royal Mail. I won't go bankrupt for the cost of it.
CHEERS Vic.

Vic

I am so sorrow - I'll refund your money in a day or two!

I hope the other ones arrive OK.
jeallen01
Posted 03/10/2017 - 10:08 Link
Vic has been refunded.

BUT, from reports from Nigel and David told me that ALL 3 envelopes got damaged with identical tears by the PO sorting m/c

"Luckily" Nigel only lost 1 of the 2 caps in his, and David did not lose his although he had to collect the envelope from the PO after they said there was a £1.50 excess charge because, it turns out, the tear caused by the m/c made the envelope thicker (6mm rather than 5mm!) than that allowed for a standard envelope. Then they "generously" waived the charge because of the value of the item inside! Too bloody right they should not charge for such damage!
davidwozhere
Posted 04/10/2017 - 01:18 Link
The contents may indeed be of negligible value but this needs taking up with the Post Office if someone is deliberately tampering with mail or if their machinery is mangling it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
JAK
Posted 05/10/2017 - 14:51 Link
Royal Mail are pretty clear the the max thickness for the letter rate is 5mm, Anything thicker requires it to be a 'large letter.' If in any doubt, take it to the PO and if they accept it as letter rate all should be well.
In the case of viewfinder caps it might make sense to sellotape them to a piece of card to save the inevitable.
The sender might consider himself fortunate that the RM haven't sent him the bill to get the letter franking machine repaired having bits of Pentax floating round inside it!
John K
Edited by JAK: 05/10/2017 - 14:54

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.