Pentax M 100mm f/4 macro PK-M

trixie

Link Posted 13/01/2012 - 22:24
DaveHolmes wrote:
Just to be clear... When Pentax users say 'bayonet' they are referring to the K-mount as opposed to m42 fitting, which is screw mount and requires an adapter...

If your sigma lens does not fit K-x it is either:
1)Faulty (or damaged)- possible the mount is bent slightly...
2)bayonet fitting (but not K-mount - perhaps nikon-F or olympus...)
3)M42 (screw thread (this will work on K-x but will require an adaptor..)

With regard to your search for a macro lens...

I too would really love a decent macro and intend to save for either a Tamron 90mm macro or a Pentax-FA 100mm f2.8 macro lens... But looking at around 300+

Thank you Dave, the sigma does fit now I have been into the settings and adjusted the settings in the menu to enable it to fit, it wasn't bent out of shape just me not doing it correctly, it does need an adaptor which I have too, I have been afraid to take the lens off until just recently until I got the Tamron but I'm OK about taking them off now, I have a set of converstion rings too that I haven't used yet, thank you for taking the time to reply to my forum post and for the help and advice, always appreciate it. Cheers Trixie
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.

tigershoot

Link Posted 14/01/2012 - 10:40
I have this lens and the other day I tested all my lenses against a laser printed test chart. Now that I have a K-5 with its excellent live view I thought I would try this oldie out. I was astounded at how sharp this lens is right across the field - I only tested it at F8 but I could see the individual toner dots and the grain of the paper. I once used it outdoors for a landscape shot in Spain across a valley and the detail it captured was incredible. 140 is steep though - 100 for a copy seems more like it.
K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

Helpful

trixie

Link Posted 14/01/2012 - 15:01
Thank you again, it does sound a bit pricey I look on eBay and found cheaper, I think I will keep looking for one though, I would like a macro lens, thanks to everyone cheers Trixie
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.

AndrewA

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 18:41
I have just sold a pristine one of thesee Trixie! You missed out, it is a superb macro lens!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.