Pentax K3 now priced below most of the Pentax K-S2's

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 12:38
link

Both camera bodies either by themselves or with other similar outfits such as lenses... The Pentax K3 not priced below that of the Pentax K-S2. Even at current price levels the Pentax K3 will have considerable further reductions throughout the rest of this year as Pentax Full-frame comes around, and also the imminent release of even a second digital non full-frame body to replace and update the K3

droopsnoot

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:04
Body for K3 at $799, vs. KS2 at $699, Not sure how to read your note, the title suggests the K3 is "now" cheaper than the KS2, but your text says "not" cheaper. The cheapest K3 I could find on there was $100 dearer than the KS2 body-only.

On a side-note, the downside of generic shopping cart websites and multiple camera body colours ("Strawberry Cake". Really?) is that it takes five pages of search results to show what is in effect five or six cameras.

I've been thinking of changing my Kx for something better, even though I doubt I've even scratched the surface of what the Kx can do. First I was thinking K5 when the K5-II came out, then K5-II when the K3 was released, now I'm thinking maybe K3 when the FF is out. I guess it's just like any technology product now, whatever you buy already has its replacement planned.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:17
droopsnoot wrote:
Body for K3 at $799, vs. KS2 at $699, Not sure how to read your note, the title suggests the K3 is "now" cheaper than the KS2, but your text says "not" cheaper. The cheapest K3 I could find on there was $100 dearer than the KS2 body-only.

As much as it pains me to say it I suppose if you factor in the free grip with the K-3 ($119) then it is actually cheaper than the K-S2.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

droopsnoot

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:22
Ah, OK - my eyes were so taken in with the pretty colours that I didn't get past the headline prices.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

stu62

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 14:02
i have just looked and they have the prestige at near as dam it at 970
when you can buy the k3 +grip+50mm lens for 949 near as

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 16:03
B&H prices, the largest photographic retailer in the world. Also similar prices throughout that country and through most of Asia

kea828

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 18:10
50mpCMOS wrote:
B&H prices, the largest photographic retailer in the world. Also similar prices throughout that country and through most of Asia

Do their prices include taxes?
Regards,
Kea828

George Lazarette

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 18:37
kea828 wrote:
50mpCMOS wrote:

Do their prices include taxes?

In America there is usually a sales tax which applies to residents of the state, but not to other people. Werb prices usually exclude sales tax, which is often around 6%.

B&H's stated prices exclude sales tax.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

richandfleur

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 20:25
As much as it's nice to see the add ons for the K-S2 (wifi, flippy screen), and I'm glad Pentax now offers the option for a product like the K-S2, for the money the K-3 is quite a step above.

IF Pentax/Ricoh restored mechanical sensor stabilisation during video, and everyone was suitably convinced that the code that allows for the mirror flapping state had been suitably bug tested to locate and prevent the actual fault, (rather than identify the issue was occurring and automatically reset the whole camera for you), then the K-3 would be a no brainer at this point in time...
Last Edited by richandfleur on 25/03/2015 - 20:26

SteveLedger

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 21:12
Except that Australian stock prices are nothing like US prices where the K-3 is still more expensive than the new K-S2.
Yes I agree, the K-S2 is well over priced (AUD$925 for the body only!!!!). But this has been the trend with new releases from RICOH.

richandfleur

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 21:37
SteveLedger wrote:
Except that Australian stock prices are nothing like US prices

I'm only excited as my sister has just moved to Florida in the US for 2 years...

Bring on Black Friday / Cyber Monday in November
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.