Pentax K-70 pics uploaded to Apple Aperture

CharlesGillard

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 17:13
Just taken my first test shots using my new Pentax K-70 fitted with Pentax HD DA 55-300 lens, I was shooting in AV mode all other setting were left at factory default however when I uploaded to Aperture 3.6 on my IMAC with Mac OS High Sierra, Although well pleased with results Aperture was showing in its picture info panel that my newly uploaded pics were Manual Focus, am I missing something with the camera settings, And yes I know Aperture is not going to be around much longer but I love it sorry so will keep using it and migrating all my finished edited pics I want to keep over to iPhotos for safer keeping

malfis

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 17:21
Youíll be able to use Aperture for as long as you want to - as long as you donít update IOS to Catalina or later.
Iím not sure about the lens information. Itís possible that the latest version of the 55-300 is not recognised by Aperture. I had a similar occurrence with Aperture not recognising the 16-85 because it was launched after the last updates to Aperture.
Lots of gear - but not a lot of idea!

Helpful

CharlesGillard

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 17:34
Cheers malfis. think your right as the pics are great and in focus many thanks again
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.