Pentax K-3 - 80 instant cashback and 100 part-exchange bonus!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 13:27
Conqueror wrote:
Chris just to clarify...

If I was to PX a lens with a value of 200...

It would be 200 + bonus 100 ? giving 300

Or is it a case of:

A lens valued at 200 exceeds the minimum PX value of 100 so its still a total of 200... ?

thanks

Hi,

The value would be 200 + 100 bonus = 300 (one bonus per K-3 purchase!)

Hope this clarifies things!
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 14:49
Dave-L wrote:
This looks like a "K-3 replacement model announcement is imminent" thread!

That's why I asked how long the offer was on for

Interesting that two other people have noticed that one.

At the trade show in Vegas, some reps off the record indicated that the K3 might be "both still on the market but also replaced by a higher end model", but it gets better... This year. More than one rep said this, but unfortunately nothing quite official.

But it was also stated in the general audience of a Nikon rep, who did later state... That they believed the Pentax information was accurate, but at a "cost". The cost... That the new Pentax flagship would be priced **higher** than a planned Nikon entry level full frame

lennythelion

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 15:36
But it was also stated in the general audience of a Nikon rep, who did later state... That they believed the Pentax information was accurate, but at a "cost". The cost... That the new Pentax flagship would be priced **higher** than a planned Nikon entry level full frame[/quote]

Makes sense, given the FF Nikon cost has been spread over several models, and over a period of a couple of years now.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what appears.

Great offer on from SRS on the K3 though!

wvbarnes

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 16:35
Hi all,

My K3 body is on its way (according to Parcelforce email just received) and my K5 and WR kit lens for p/x is being collected by them tomorrow too. Brilliant service (again), thanks Chris and your excellent team.

For the record the deal after my trade in refund is processed should be a nett 374.

My view is the next APSC will be end of year and as with all such things too dear for me for first year (thus the trade up now seeming ideal). Since taking up photographing wildlife too I've no interest/funds for a full frame AND I doubt my back would be up to carrying the required 600mm lens either!

wvbarnes

Link Posted 30/01/2015 - 14:14
My new K3 has arrived. Out of interest a frame count EXIF check shows 8th January 2015 as date of manufacture and there is a RICOH factory printed leaflet inside explaining Firmware 1.11 pre- installed and its main changes.

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 30/01/2015 - 15:15
Excellent news Bill, many thanks for your order and enjoy your new camera.

Our stock is always very 'fresh' as we turn our stock over quickly.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Conqueror

Link Posted 30/01/2015 - 20:48
Chris,

Both the 80 code and the trade-in bonus (100) available until end of Feb?

ta
K-3ii

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 31/01/2015 - 09:19
Conqueror wrote:
Chris,

Both the 80 code and the trade-in bonus (100) available until end of Feb?

ta

Both codes are available until the end of February. One or both might be extended, but I can't be certain of this...

Follow us on Facebook

Brian E

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 17:56
Hi Chris,
Just to clarify a reply you gave to Mike-P on 28/1 regarding, "any photographic item". May I assume (hopefully), that "item" can be in the plural?

Pensioner clutching at straws!

Brian

wvbarnes

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 18:06
I'll happily quote what I did to get my K3...

779 K3 body price
699 at till with 80 off
Traded well used K5 and WR kit lens (never used) all boxed.
225 trade in offered unseen. K5 shutter count of just under 19,000, it would be 3 years old this coming May. I thought this pretty fair as it was in a similar offer back in 2012.
100 extra trade in bonus added to above reducing K3 effective price to 599 as Chris said.
I could also have had a 50mm F1.8 for 50 but I use the one my son has.

I therefore nett paid 374 once I had my card refund of 325. Camera delivered next day by Parcelforce for free. Trade ins collected by Parcelforce same day for free. 2 Year Pro warranty. Delighted!
Last Edited by wvbarnes on 17/02/2015 - 18:07

jemx99

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 18:38
wvbarnes wrote:
I'll happily quote what I did to get my K3...

779 K3 body price
699 at till with 80 off
Traded well used K5 and WR kit lens (never used) all boxed.
225 trade in offered unseen. K5 shutter count of just under 19,000, it would be 3 years old this coming May. I thought this pretty fair as it was in a similar offer back in 2012.
100 extra trade in bonus added to above reducing K3 effective price to 599 as Chris said.
I could also have had a 50mm F1.8 for 50 but I use the one my son has.

I therefore nett paid 374 once I had my card refund of 325. Camera delivered next day by Parcelforce for free. Trade ins collected by Parcelforce same day for free. 2 Year Pro warranty. Delighted!

That's a great deal, and it sounds hassle free too - SRS are hard to beat!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 18:39
Brian E wrote:
Hi Chris,
Just to clarify a reply you gave to Mike-P on 28/1 regarding, "any photographic item". May I assume (hopefully), that "item" can be in the plural?

Pensioner clutching at straws!

Brian

Hi Brian,

There is only 1x 100 bonus and Instant Cashback per K-3 camera (if this is what you are asking )

Hope this clarifies!

Follow us on Facebook

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 18:41
jemx99 wrote:

That's a great deal, and it sounds hassle free too - SRS are hard to beat!

Thanks for your kind words. We try to make it as easy as we can!

Follow us on Facebook

lennythelion

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:41
Chris, over on the us forum, there is mention of a cash back offer on the 16-85 lens. Are you aware of any offers???

MrCynical

Link Posted 18/02/2015 - 00:15
50mpCMOS wrote:
But it was also stated in the general audience of a Nikon rep, who did later state... That they believed the Pentax information was accurate, but at a "cost". The cost... That the new Pentax flagship would be priced **higher** than a planned Nikon entry level full frame

That's not necessarily all that unreasonable though if we're talking a true 'flagship APS-C' above the current K3 in spec terms. Canon charge more (400 more in fact, at current prices) for their 7D Mark II APS-C than for their own 6D FF.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.