Pentax HD Pentax 1.4x Teleconverter

Mike-P

Link Posted 10/02/2014 - 13:29
RalphHardwick wrote:

I doubt that it was any posts on here that made them change it, more likely through a dealer pointing it out to them.

Hmmm, I wonder which dealer that may have been
. My Flickr

Darkmunk

Link Posted 10/02/2014 - 13:36
I did try to order one earlier, but despite the ad saying 49 it came out out 79 sniff.
You have to do some research before buying, by which time it had been 'fixed'.
Facebook Page
Plymouth Photographer
Last Edited by Darkmunk on 10/02/2014 - 13:37

johnriley

Link Posted 10/02/2014 - 13:52
On a slightly different tack, this is why we don't have links to eBay auctions in Leads to Deals. People can get a bit upset when their chance at something good suddenly has a huge spotlight turned onto it.

I guess sellers quite like it though.
Best regards, John

Malsi

Link Posted 11/02/2014 - 17:52
This is a very good news. I hope that we will have very good results. We will be able to use it with old lenses.
Pentax K-1 & Grip
Pentax FA* 85mm f/1.4 & 300mm f/2.8

JohnX

Link Posted 12/02/2014 - 18:00
Saw elsewhere that in mainland Europe the MSRP is 399 euro. That's around 330 I think.

Any of our mainland Europe members able to confirm or deny?
Last Edited by JohnX on 12/02/2014 - 18:01

darkskies

Link Posted 12/02/2014 - 18:11
Yep, 399 euros.
This space deliberately left blank.

JohnX

Link Posted 12/02/2014 - 18:18
darkskies wrote:
Yep, 399 euros.

Thanks for that.

Can you recommend any on-line European retailers, preferably one's that offer free/cheap p&p?

I'd be interested in comparing prices against the UK, although I must be honest and say I'm never sure whether there's any import duty, etc, to add.

darkskies

Link Posted 12/02/2014 - 20:57
There's no import duty from other members of the EU.

I can't recommend any online retailers for Pentax gear. I rarely buy anything new, and usually there are better deals to be had from the likes of SRS or the 2nd hand markets.
This space deliberately left blank.

JohnX

Link Posted 13/02/2014 - 12:31
darkskies wrote:
There's no import duty from other members of the EU.

I can't recommend any online retailers for Pentax gear. I rarely buy anything new, and usually there are better deals to be had from the likes of SRS or the 2nd hand markets.

Thanks.

RobL

Link Posted 30/10/2014 - 09:43
I am considering the new Pentax 1.4x WR teleconverter to use with the Pentax-DA 55-300mm WR zoom lens. There are cheaper options but it makes sense to maintain the WR integrity of the lens and camera combination. Does anyone have any experience of this combination? Does the image stabilization automatically compensate?(I have an old Vivitar 2x which needs manual calibration of the focal length for IS).

LennyBloke

Link Posted 30/10/2014 - 10:46
RobL wrote:
I am considering the new Pentax 1.4x WR teleconverter to use with the Pentax-DA 55-300mm WR zoom lens. There are cheaper options but it makes sense to maintain the WR integrity of the lens and camera combination. Does anyone have any experience of this combination? Does the image stabilization automatically compensate?(I have an old Vivitar 2x which needs manual calibration of the focal length for IS).

I don't have this combination, but I do use the Pentax 1.4 with a DA*60-250 and it is the best TC I have ever used with a zoom lens. I believe that the image stabilisation is recalculated correctly (I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to point you to the proof, or otherwise) - the only issue that you may encounter is there is potential for AF hunting issues at the long end in lower light conditions, due to the slow aperture. Although Pentax does list your lens as compatible.
LennyBloke

davidstorm

Link Posted 30/10/2014 - 22:59
The 1.4 works OK with the 55-300, but it is not an ideal combination as the focussing is affected and can be marginal depending on light conditions and max aperture at any given focal length. IQ is good though.

The TC is probably more suited to SDM lenses or constant wide aperture lenses like the DA*300, DA*60-250, 100 F2.8 Macro.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.