Pentax HD DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Lens

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 16/09/2021 - 14:33
Well, with your encouragement and accepting my LBA has come back, I have just splashed out 570 on this lens.
My most expensive photographic purchase EVER!!

Just been for a quick wander outside.
Takes nice pix

Yew berries

Nasturshnam

Hollyhock

Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/09/2021 - 14:43
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Takes nice pix

Nope, it's not the lens wot takes nice pictures, it's the photographer.

But the 16-85mm is definitely a very capable lens. Enjoy using it!

Steve

Helpful

Defragged

Link Posted 16/09/2021 - 17:40
Lubbyman wrote:
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Takes nice pix

Nope, it's not the lens wot takes nice pictures, it's the photographer.

But the 16-85mm is definitely a very capable lens. Enjoy using it!

Steve

+1
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Helpful

Antony

Link Posted 16/09/2021 - 19:44
I bought this lens with my K-70 in preference to the usual kit lens and I must say I've been very happy with it. I'm sure there's a live spirit built into it which adjusts for the inadequacies of the photographer - it takes nice pictures!!!

Helpful

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 17/09/2021 - 11:25
I love my 16-85mm for landscapes, it's nothing short of superb. For close-ups like those shown here, I've found it's a bit soft, though bear in mind I'm mostly comparing it in that respect to the DA 35mm macro, which is extremely sharp, so maybe an unfair comparison.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.