PENTAX HD D-FA 24-70mm F/2.8 ED SDM WR Lens


Joseph336

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 19:25
Many thanks Kevin,

It was a mixture of pleasure and reluctance to be handing over my own personal camera to good hands! Not for free of course!
Hope we can do business again in the near future.



Respectfully yours,
Joseph

davidrobinson

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 19:44
Hi Joseph
I've watched this thread and am so ashamed of the way some of the comments were made, perhaps they didnít realise how offencive words can be when used in the wrong order and place. I wouldn't give my address out like some have said you should. I note some of the comments were made to assist you sell the items but could have been expressed more politely. Iím pleased you sold the camera and lens and it sounds as if its already being appreciated, pity I didnt wait as they look like a very good deal. All the best David

Joseph336

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 20:39
I have to take some responsibility my initial attitude was defensive but for reasons explained. No harm done and want to get on with everyone even if we happen to disagree on some matters occasionally. This particular lens is still for sale haven't had a chance to list elsewhere. Will be advertising some sought after lenses in the next few days.

Unfortunately, already listed and sold some other rare and collectable Pentax. I shouldn't have taken things quite so personally and regarded it as just being helpful is the lesson but will try and make amends.

Thanks anyway,


Regards,
Joseph

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 20:54
Phew! Let's draw a line under it all and move on as it's probably damaging for all

Look forward to seeing you on the forum a bit more
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Joseph336

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 20:56
By the way it takes a lot to express an opinion and put yourself out there partly in my defence when I was not exactly and probably still aren't the most popular new member. But it isn't about individual personalities and sentiment it is a community, and we all recognise and acknowledge that, so thank you for your kindness and encouragement!


Re: David.



Regards,
Joseph

Joseph336

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 20:59
cardiffgareth wrote:
Phew! Let's draw a line under it all and move on as it's probably damaging for all

Look forward to seeing you on the forum a bit more

Likewise, Gareth no harm done. I guess it all started with my comment to you, or my attitude, however you want to look at it! But yeah let's move on


Thank's to all.

Regards,

Joseph336

Link Posted 02/03/2021 - 23:46
RE
cardiffgareth wrote:
Phew! Let's draw a line under it all and move on as it's probably damaging for all

Look forward to seeing you on the forum a bit more

Actually, Gareth I've just had a chance to read back through the entire thread and regarding the 'long ranting posts' I'm not particularly bothered about the others, just me being me but yeah I acted like a total shit it isn't really the way I am in person mate.

I don't know if I was having a bad couple of day's or just pissed off but that's not how I would normally react to a situation it's usually foul mouthed and just straight to the point when deserved! Unfortunately, I can't seem to delete otherwise I would. I'll have to get down your way buy you a pint and discuss with you why England are still a better rugby nation then Wales!

Only kidding, I don't want to start something new!

Regards,
Joseph

Benz3ne

Link Posted 03/03/2021 - 05:12
Joseph336 wrote:
[...]just me being me but yeah I acted like a total shit it isn't really the way I am in person mate.

I don't know if I was having a bad couple of day's or just pissed off but that's not how I would normally react to a situation it's usually foul mouthed and just straight to the point when deserved! Unfortunately, I can't seem to delete otherwise I would. I'll have to get down your way buy you a pint and discuss with you why England are still a better rugby nation then Wales!

Only kidding, I don't want to start something new!

Regards,
Joseph

Same here so my apologies for being direct with my responses. As much as I wanted to help it very obviously didnít come across as particularly friendly.

It was an interesting game, for sure! Iíd like to hear the rationale for Englandís rugby superiority, too!

Joseph336

Link Posted 03/03/2021 - 12:50
I think... I'm just staying quiet and well away, on this one! Haha!


All the best Benz,

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 03/03/2021 - 21:53
Joseph336 wrote:
RE
cardiffgareth wrote:
Phew! Let's draw a line under it all and move on as it's probably damaging for all

Look forward to seeing you on the forum a bit more

Actually, Gareth I've just had a chance to read back through the entire thread and regarding the 'long ranting posts' I'm not particularly bothered about the others, just me being me but yeah I acted like a total shit it isn't really the way I am in person mate.

I don't know if I was having a bad couple of day's or just pissed off but that's not how I would normally react to a situation it's usually foul mouthed and just straight to the point when deserved! Unfortunately, I can't seem to delete otherwise I would. I'll have to get down your way buy you a pint and discuss with you why England are still a better rugby nation then Wales!

Only kidding, I don't want to start something new!

Regards,
Joseph

Those with long memories will remember a time long ago when I was, well, let's say it wasn't great and I was banned, end and bell, rearrange, that was me. Luckily I was given a second chance, I jumped on it with both arms open and turned away from that way of carrying on. Best decision ever as I love this forum and for pentax users, we need to stuck together.

I'd like to hope you'll stick around and play an active part in the forum and one day in years to come, we'll look back and laugh at this

So, Wales beating England! I won't lie, my smile still hasn't faded!

Farrell didn't like that quick kick that caused a try, hmm
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

ronniemac

Link Posted 05/03/2021 - 11:11
The Pentax HD D-FA 24-70mm F/2.8 ED SDM WR is a fine lens. I would recommend it to any K-1 user who doesn't have one.

I started out with the smaller, lighter and slower HD Pentax Ė D FA Zoom 28-105mm f3.5-5.6 which is an excellent and very sharp walkabout lens, but the added width and faster aperture does make the 24-70 a very desirable lens.

My own 24-70 is my most recent lens acquisition. Being in absolute mint condition and effectively unused, I was happy it buy it for just £570.

PS Welcome to Pentax User Joseph, you'll find members here are very helpful if you are looking for advice.

Joseph336

Link Posted 22/03/2021 - 09:15
Thanks ronniemac,

I look forward to making a positive contribution to the forum whenever I can.
Apologies once again to all for my initial comments.

RE: Gareth was genuinly hoping Wales were going to defeat France and was supporting them all the way couldn't believe they turned it around though with just a few mins left. You still deserve to take the 6 Nations title the team has been superb.


Regards,
Joseph
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.