PENTAX HD D-FA 24-70mm F/2.8 ED SDM WR Lens

Joseph336

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 22:14
cardiffgareth wrote:
I didn't say you shouldn't be permitted to list an item for sale so wind your neck in! I was merely trying to suggest interacting with the forum as a whole may help your sale. With so many scams going on nowadays (and no assumption is being made here) then people may be wary as 800 is a lot of money to hand over to someone who has just joined.

Anyway, only trying to help, I'll go away now as clearly it's not appreciated but your response hasn't helped your cause either!

If I misinterpteted your comment and it was merely intended to be helpful then I apologise.
On that note have a nice evening everyone!

Kind Regards,
Joseph

Benz3ne

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 10:16
Joseph336 wrote:
I have no problem whatsoever. revealing my location I just haven't got around to completing my profile. Everyone else that has commented here regarding this matter seems to have overlooked this or just ignored it! (1)

If I want to post a comment or contribute to another members post then at some point I will but you yourself are presumming I haven't looked around the forum read articles and familiarised myself with the forums contents (2). I just did not feel the need or necessity to post any comment at this time for all you know, I could be a an active and regular contributer to this community in the future.

Messaging me privately to inform that similar lenses are listed on ebay for sale for around 700 and telling me rather than suggesting to lower the price is acceptable it seems whilst offering 500 without taking into account I know what the market value is and have advertised with best offer expecting slightly less. (3)

Finally, not once has anyone posted a comment to say welcome to the forum and the pentax user community you've all been to busy advising me what I should and shouldn't be doing. (4)

Something I haven't experienced here! Don't tell me it doesn't help my cause, If I want to list a classified advertisment I am within my rights under the rules of this forum to do so and there is no immediate cause for me to post comments or read articles for 3 months prior to advertising. Respectfully, if you're intention was just to be helpful then why didn't you just say hi and introduce yourself! (5)

Thank's, for pentax user welcome party guy's. So glad I became a member (6)

To give my thoughts, consecutively:
1. The first comment, 4 days after your post, was regarding location. It doesn't take long to update this on your profile.
2. Forum contents include the 'Just Joined?' area, quite visibly, where you're advised to introduce yourself.
3. You will always have people offering you less than you intend to sell for. I've seen the comment on your profile page which stipulates that used prices are typically between 500-650, that there's a new one for marginally more than you're selling incl. a 12 mo guarantee and they're offering 500, stipulating that they'd understand if you'd reject that offer. I saw it as nothing short of courteous.
4. See point 2. Even if it was to say 'I'm here to sell lenses, find me elsewhere' that would be better than jumping straight in to sell an 800 lens to someone who, quite possibly, isn't familiar with your username.
5. I saw Gareth's comment as constructive. Your first post being a listing for an 800 item does not help your cause.
6. Being (a) defensive and (b) sarcastic will give you much of the same in return. That is not limited to this forum only.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll find this place a good source of fun and information. Everyone here is affable and look out for each other, prompting some of the responses you've received.
By all means chuck an introduction up on the forum - we'd all love to see your collection of cameras and lenses (especially if they're in as good condition as this lens you have for sale) and your photos.
Hope this helps!
Best,
Benz.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 17/02/2021 - 10:16

pgweber

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 14:35
This may be a bit trite, but it is worth anyone remembering that "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression".
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, , 55-300, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm

Joseph336

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 18:45
I think I will just leave it at that and withdraw the lens from sale at this point. I gave an apology to Gareth despite him telling me to wind my neck in because I may have misinterpreted his comment but initially I was just standing up for myself and like everyone else have a right to comment back even if it was a misunderstanding.

However. everyone seemed to be neurotically obsessed with my location for some unknown reason despite making it clear that 'I was more than happy for the potential buyer to view item and collect in person' I don't know how that is somehow vague and without particualarly wanting to repeat the same thing over and over I've informed everyone who has messaged me privately where my location is and have even offered to deliver if within a reasonable distance. You know because I'm such an unreasonable person.

I don't know what more I can do to please you all. Now I'm in the wrong because I haven't updated my profile. If I didn't have to find time to respond to these comments then I could probably update forum and social media profiles but then I wouldn't have much time to be working. I'm the sarcastic and defensive one right... you didn't notice any sarcastic remarks by anyone else then Benz? Just me...

And I did give a brief introduction on the ad but not good enough for this forum I guess or is it a rule we must post our introductions in the appropriate corner?

If I've got defensive I think that's understandable since everyone here seems to have an opinion and nothing to do with the actual item for sale. No thanks, I'll leave this here for reference as the 'forum now seems to have removed the delete and edit button from all the previous posts'
but I'll give this forum a miss.

What all this because I didn't introduce myself... to your full satisfaction after the shit I've got here just for placing an ad for a lens it's no wonder! And yes now I am being sarcastic...

Seventeen comments and not one regarding the lens itself just...'helpful' criticism like I've never contributed to any forum before. If you're not interested in the item for sale then why did any of you even bother to comment if not to criticise and I know a few others are going to chime in because I'm already the enemy and the lens becomes irrelevant! But that's what your up against when everyone else want's to jump in and totally disregard that this was just a bloody classified ad not lets give the new member a piece of our advice open season.

If I offered anyone of you a 50mm f1.4 super takumar (8 element version) in exceptional condition for free! You mught be suspicious but if you thought it was a genuine offer how many of you wouldn't have cared less if I'd introduced myself or not?

Would any of you like time to think about that and be honest about it,,, Oh I'd still have to post my introduction in the right corner first... sure! How many more comments do I have to feel compelled to justify, just for posting an ad for god sake. Get real!

Please don't think that I feel obliged to delete this account. I will enjoy posting and sharing links to it! We could have been good for each other pentax user but I figure we've run out of time and we're never going to get to know each other but I'm done with you! Like the last man said 'you don't get a second chance to make a first imperession'.

Please don't give the next new guy such a hard time for no real reason! He might actually be a nice guy you never know?

Goodbye all, for the time being have a pleasent evening and be safe wherever you are!

Regards,
Last Edited by Joseph336 on 17/02/2021 - 19:02

Joseph336

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 19:14
Notification I am withdrawing this lens from sale along with the K-1 that I intended to sell here due to conflicts with other forum members. I cannot delete the advert unfortunately because there now seems to be no edit or delete button available on the post. I don't know if that is usual for all previous posts? I am not going to delete this entire thread but leave it here so that others including myself might consider where we all went wrong!

Or just blame me it really doesn't matter, in the great scheme of things.

Kind Regards, to all
Joseph

HarisF1

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 21:55
Nice lens

Flan

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 22:56
Kinda sums it up

JAK

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 23:00
Guess that's the problem trying to sell a lens in Nowhere Land to the UK!?
John K

Joseph336

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 10:25
JAK wrote:
Guess that's the problem trying to sell a lens in Nowhere Land to the UK!?

I mentioned repeatedly that I had given my location to everyone who had messaged me privately. If people would just take the time to read the ad I also said the buyer was more than welcome to view the item and collect in person! How difficult would it be for everyone criticising just to message and ask but they are simply not interested in actually buying the lens.

HarisF1

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 11:06
I guess they wanted to get to know you as a member before going off and purchasing something.

I guess they know you now.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.