PENTAX HD D-FA 24-70mm F/2.8 ED SDM WR Lens


Joseph336

Link Posted 07/02/2021 - 05:42
This item was purchased by myself from Park Cameras in London for 1,149.00. Invoice regarding purchase included in images. I purchased along with Pentax K1 but neither have been put to much use as the total weight for me personally has been an issue for reportage style photography.

The lens and camera have been kept in storage and comes boxed with all paperwork! I can send a redacted copy of original invoice to buyer if requested. I will redact any personal details / address etc. The lens was used on approximately four occasions immediatly after purchase so there are practically no indications or signs of use. I will list the K1 later.

As 'NEW' to all intent and purpose.

This is a genuine sale I am a new member on this 'particular' forum but not elsewhere and a long time Pentax user with some 12+ Pentax film era cameras and 72+ lenses all in exceptional condition mainly imported from Japan, I am more than happy for the buyer to view item and collect in person.

I am looking for around 795 or any reasonable offer.


Many thank's for your interest!

















Last Edited by Joseph336 on 07/02/2021 - 05:45

tigershoot

Link Posted 11/02/2021 - 23:20
It would help potential buyers if you told us where you are. If I were buying a lens like this I would prefer to collect.
K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

Joseph336

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 02:08
tigershoot wrote:
It would help potential buyers if you told us where you are. If I were buying a lens like this I would prefer to collect.

I have informed everyone that has messaged me privately of my location in fact I've told each person that I would prefer collection otherwise I am willing to deliver if within a reasonable distance because I don't want to risk item being damaged in post!

I hope that allays your fears?


Kind Regards,
Joseph

tigershoot

Link Posted 14/02/2021 - 23:09
I have no fears as I am not after a FF lens - I use a K3ii. I just thought I would point it out as it's the first thing any buyer would want to know. You can set your location in your profile.
Looks a beautiful lens, and had I a K1 then I would be knocking at your door.
Best wishes.
K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

Joseph336

Link Posted 15/02/2021 - 10:25
Thank's for the advice, you know that you're more than welcome to consider buying a K-1
I'm listing it later its practically as good as NEW as with lens above.



Kind Regards,
Joseph

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 14:04
You might do better if you looked around the forum and introduced yourself etc rather than join and just list an item for sale
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Joseph336

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 14:44
I don't see how that is relevant unless its just an issue for you personally and don't think that new members should be permitted to list items. I've never had any issues on any other photography forum that I've contributed to consistently for the last 20 years and don't see why this should be any different!

If I want to place a classified add I think that's my perogative irrelevant of how long I've been a member, not yours!

Regards,
Joseph
Last Edited by Joseph336 on 16/02/2021 - 14:49

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 14:57
I didn't say you shouldn't be permitted to list an item for sale so wind your neck in! I was merely trying to suggest interacting with the forum as a whole may help your sale. With so many scams going on nowadays (and no assumption is being made here) then people may be wary as 800 is a lot of money to hand over to someone who has just joined.

Anyway, only trying to help, I'll go away now as clearly it's not appreciated but your response hasn't helped your cause either!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 15:50
cardiffgareth wrote:
With so many scams going on nowadays (and no assumption is being made here) then people may be wary as 800 is a lot of money to hand over to someone who has just joined.!

+1

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 16:02
Benz3ne wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
With so many scams going on nowadays (and no assumption is being made here) then people may be wary as 800 is a lot of money to hand over to someone who has just joined.!

+1

+2
cardiffgareth was only trying to help, man. I saw nothing offensive in his post. Like so many others I have seen on this site, his comment was made to be helpful.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 16/02/2021 - 16:06

johnriley

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 16:34
Members have been simply trying to help. Buyers are very easily put off, so as much information as possible is always a good idea. For example, we don't know where the seller is, we don't need the address, just an indication of area. Then anyone locally just might be tempted to think they could pick the item up. So even "Lancashire" or something similar would help.

Hope that helps.
Best regards, John

JAK

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 18:36
Bear in mind it is presently illegal to travel outside of one's local area. Gong to view/collect a lens wouldn't be considered an acceptable excuse at the moment, not with standing the potential dangers of doing so from a complete stranger.
I bet you wouldn't post the lens out on approval to a complete stranger either!
Why not list it on eBay as they provide some level of protection for buyers and sellers? You could link to your listing from here, perhaps with an option for anyone local to you to buy and collect it privately through this site. But first people would still need to know your approx location.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 16/02/2021 - 18:44

Joseph336

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 20:20
cardiffgareth wrote:
I didn't say you shouldn't be permitted to list an item for sale so wind your neck in! I was merely trying to suggest interacting with the forum as a whole may help your sale. With so many scams going on nowadays (and no assumption is being made here) then people may be wary as 800 is a lot of money to hand over to someone who has just joined.

Anyway, only trying to help, I'll go away now as clearly it's not appreciated but your response hasn't helped your cause either!

I have been a member of this forum for just over a week I am an active contributor to many other similar forums and photography related media and have been for many years. So before you tell me to wind my neck in let me explain something to you.

My limited interacton with people so far here be it by private or public message has not been a good experience.

If I want to publicly reveal my location I will and if you have read my message I said I have given my location to people who have messaged me privately and even suggested I would deliver if within a reasonable distance or alternatively they could collect in person. I understand this wan't the point that you personally were making but others have.

Quoted from classfied advertisment above: "I am more than happy for the buyer to view item and collect in person."

I have no problem whatsoever. revealing my location I just haven't got around to completing my profile. Everyone else that has commented here regarding this matter seems to have overlooked this or just ignored it!

If I want to post a comment or contribute to another members post then at some point I will but you yourself are presumming I haven't looked around the forum read articles and familiarised myself with the forums contents. I just did not feel the need or necessity to post any comment at this time for all you know, I could be a an active and regular contributer to this community in the future.

Messaging me privately to inform that similar lenses are listed on ebay for sale for around 700 and telling me rather than suggesting to lower the price is acceptable it seems whilst offering 500 without taking into account I know what the market value is and have advertised with best offer expecting slightly less.

I know it is in better condition than similar priced lenses that I've seen listed on ebay.

To respond to the comment I wouldn't post the lens out on approval of a stranger? If I've already offered to provide my own personal bank a/c details to another member who for his own personal reasons decided against the purchase then yes having received funds I would post the item regardless and it suggests that I consider trust of paramount importance. Although. I don't think that was exactly your point!

Finally, not once has anyone posted a comment to say welcome to the forum and the pentax user community you've all been to busy advising me what I should and shouldn't be doing. As peviously, I contribute to a number of social media photography platforms and editorials, I know long term members can be 'clicky' but in most cases they are generally welcoming!

Something I haven't experienced here! Don't tell me it doesn't help my cause, If I want to list a classified advertisment I am within my rights under the rules of this forum to do so and there is no immediate cause for me to post comments or read articles for 3 months prior to advertising. Respectfully, if you're intention was just to be helpful then why didn't you just say hi and introduce yourself!

Thank's, for pentax user welcome party guy's. So glad I became a member


Kind Regards,
Joseph
Last Edited by Joseph336 on 16/02/2021 - 21:11

JAK

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 21:03
Joseph336 wrote:
Finally, not once has anyone posted a comment to say welcome to the forum and the pentax user community

Maybe simply because you didn't say hello yourself and jumped straight in with a for sale item ! People tend to get suspicious these days.Sad but true.
I take it you had no takers for it on the other forums you frequent?
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 16/02/2021 - 21:03

Joseph336

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 21:30
I've literally just put it up for sale here rather than ebay because of fees and because the other forums that I frequent as you put it are more international with regards to membership! So I would prefer to find a buyer in this country due to the prospect of shipping overseas and the risk of loss. or damage. I will be advertising on various platfroms but committed with work at this moment!

Why does eveyone here feel so put out because a new member hasn't posted a comment or written a review and for the time being just wants to advertise an item that may benefit someone else?


Regards,
Joseph
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.