Pentax DSLR Prices especially the K5ii

LochNess

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 11:55
Just noticed that Jessops have the K5ii on sale for 379.97.

Their prices for the K50 and K3 are pretty good too

Interesting that that UK wide that the K50 seems to be selling for less than the K50. I wonder why.

alfpics

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 13:10
LochNess wrote:

Interesting that that UK wide that the K50 seems to be selling for less than the K50. I wonder why.

Que?
Great price for the K5ii though - an excellent camera!
Andy
Last Edited by alfpics on 08/05/2015 - 13:10

MrB

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 18:01
And the K-5 IIs for 399.97!

link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 18:09
MrB wrote:

link

For some reason the K5 IIs keeps disappearing then reappearing several days later on the Jessops site - I have enquired twice over the last 2 months and they confirmed they were out of stock, and I didn't think it was being produced any more, so where are they getting their stock from???
LennyBloke

michaelblue

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 18:26
LennyBloke wrote:
MrB wrote:

link

For some reason the K5 IIs keeps disappearing then reappearing several days later on the Jessops site - I have enquired twice over the last 2 months and they confirmed they were out of stock, and I didn't think it was being produced any more, so where are they getting their stock from???

Don't trust them, they did exactly the same with Pentax lenses , taking deposits then saying they were waiting for more stock....nothing appeared and many people (including me) had a hard time getting our money back (It took me six months!) Eventually they admitted to me that the deposits were taken knowing they would not be able to guarantee getting the lens.
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 18:29
michaelblue wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
Quote:

link

Don't trust them, they did exactly the same with Pentax lenses , taking deposits then saying they were waiting for more stock....nothing appeared and many people (including me) had a hard time getting our money back (It took me six months!) Eventually they admitted to me that the deposits were taken knowing they would not be able to guarantee getting the lens.

Hmmm - makes sense! I thought they may have been selling "returns" or "refurbs" as new
LennyBloke

McGregNi

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 19:03
Some smashing bargains .... Eg, Leica M-P, was 5290 GBP, now slashed to 5279 !! That's an amazing recession-busting 11 pounds saving

But yes, the Pentax prices look very good ... Surprised to see the K30 up there .... The kits for the K-S1 and K50 are great value! That price you mentioned for the K5Iis is incredible Philip!

The price differential between the 's' and ' non-s' versions was originally 100 pounds ... Now here it's 20 ! Temptation, temptation .....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 08/05/2015 - 19:05

michaelblue

Link Posted 09/05/2015 - 06:42
See what I mean?.........link
Regards,
Michael

DOIK

Link Posted 11/05/2015 - 15:31
michaelblue wrote:

It was unavailable because I bought it.
Many thanks to LochNess for the link to the K-5ll where I saw the K-5lls for just 20 more.
It arrived today and I can confirm it is new although I have not checked the shutter count.

John
My Photobucket

michaelblue

Link Posted 11/05/2015 - 15:48
I'm glad you got it..........
Regards,
Michael

LochNess

Link Posted 11/05/2015 - 23:07
DOIK wrote:
michaelblue wrote:

It was unavailable because I bought it.
Many thanks to LochNess for the link to the K-5ll where I saw the K-5lls for just 20 more.
It arrived today and I can confirm it is new although I have not checked the shutter count.

John

Glad you found it useful.

Check the firmware version as well. It might need to be updated. Hold the Menu Button down when switching the camera on. Firmware version will show on the LCD. Release the Menu Button when you get the details. Version1.07 is the latest. It can be obtained here
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/download_digital.html.
The download page will give full instructions as to how to up date it. Just click on the "content" entry for the K5ii/K5iis.

DOIK

Link Posted 12/05/2015 - 07:54
Thanks for that, but I am a great believer in "if it aint broke don't fix it"
I have no issues with my K5 and that has not been updated by me.

John
My Photobucket

davidtrout

Link Posted 12/05/2015 - 13:58
LennyBloke wrote:
michaelblue wrote:
Quote:
MrB wrote:

link

Hmmm - makes sense! I thought they may have been selling "returns" or "refurbs" as new

The K5lls was on sale at that price in the MetroCentre, Gateshead today where I saw it on display, so they have it in stock.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 12/05/2015 - 14:00

missmarple

Link Posted 30/05/2015 - 14:58
Thanks LochNess, I just bagged the last one in Kingston. The link was greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards mm

Simonmac

Link Posted 30/05/2015 - 20:39
Hi all

Jessops Brum had the iis for 350 two days ago..........................
macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.