Pentax D FA Macro 100mm f2.8 WR lens

phillipjclay

Link Posted 30/01/2018 - 16:05

Hello. After being burgled and getting made redundant I,m having to have a clear out. Postage included in payment. Paypal (gift only please) BACS transfer or good old cash on collection would also be good you can have a proper look at lens and a brew. Leeds and can travel for diesel money.

In as new condition and used a couple of times. This feels like the best quality pentax lens I,ve ever used. I forgot to put the hood in photo but it includes that too. 350

Phil Clay

phillipjclay

Link Posted 17/02/2018 - 10:07
Is no one interested in this lens? Make me an offer if the price is too high I know nothing about second hand values.

JohnX

Link Posted 17/02/2018 - 11:49
A search on eBay 'sold' items is a rough guide, as is the Classified section in this Forum.

I know nothing about eBay seller costs, but a couple of examples of this lens have sold recently for 295 inc. p&p, so I'm guessing the seller might get 275?

SRS are selling new for 529. As a buyer of pristine used equipment I would expect to be paying between half and two thirds of the new price, so anything between 265 and 350.

AndrewH

Link Posted 19/02/2018 - 20:30
JohnX wrote:
I know nothing about eBay seller costs, but a couple of examples of this lens have sold recently for 295 inc. p&p, so I'm guessing the seller might get 275?

I have sold a few bits on Ebay and the fees are quite high - 10% of item selling price and postage cost charged, and if payment is received by Paypal then another 3.4% disappears along with a standing fee of 20p. So a lens selling at 295 with a seller postage charge of 9.49 RMSD (actual cost 8.55) after fees and postage would result in net receipt after fees and postage of just 254.94 with a total of 41 disappearing in Ebay and Paypal fees!
flickr

HarisF1

Link Posted 19/02/2018 - 23:05
It's a lot more palatable when you sell through a final value fee offer (1 atm, look around for the link), but Paypal still take their 3.4% + 20p fee.

I find that eBay is usually better when selling at higher prices because of the greater exposure to potential buyers.

JohnX

Link Posted 20/02/2018 - 15:38
AndrewH wrote:
JohnX wrote:

I have sold a few bits on Ebay and the fees are quite high - 10% of item selling price and postage cost charged, and if payment is received by Paypal then another 3.4% disappears along with a standing fee of 20p. So a lens selling at 295 with a seller postage charge of 9.49 RMSD (actual cost 8.55) after fees and postage would result in net receipt after fees and postage of just 254.94 with a total of 41 disappearing in Ebay and Paypal fees!

Blimey! Good job I just buy then!!!!

pschlute

Link Posted 20/02/2018 - 16:34
It is a high cost way to sell. but you do get worldwide exposure for your goods. I have sold over the last two years to half a dozen European countries and even one to Australia. You don't get that kind of exposure using gumtree or a postcard in your newsagents window.

paypal fees are another issue and are way too high. Now that ebay have sold paypal and will bring out their own payment system there may be some competition to reduce costs on that front.
Peter

My Flickr page

phillipjclay

Link Posted 23/02/2018 - 12:20
I don`t mind paying the eBay fee`s but I keep getting buyers exploiting the returns policy for no reason and or not returning the original item and then refunding the scamming scumbags. Someone tried to buy my sigma 20mm in revenge as I he`d sold my son a broken lens he than got his brother to buy an item left positive feedback and ask to return it. At that point I gave up on ebay totally. I`ve decided to keep this lens but thanks for the feedback guys
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.