Pentax A 35-70 f4 smc

Algernon

Link Posted 11/05/2016 - 18:04
Good idea to return it. The focusing ring needs to be right.

There are plenty of them around and they go for a lot less than they are worth on ebay.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

melness

Link Posted 11/05/2016 - 20:08
Algernon wrote:
Good idea to return it. The focusing ring needs to be right.

There are plenty of them around and they go for a lot less than they are worth on ebay.

--

I know it's only a cheapo lens but I'm a VERY tight Scot so it has to be right
Thanks
Sean

johnriley

Link Posted 11/05/2016 - 21:17
It may be normal though, so if it takes good pictures why return it? If the price was low, it could be worth keeping.
Best regards, John

melness

Link Posted 12/05/2016 - 06:20
johnriley wrote:
It may be normal though, so if it takes good pictures why return it? If the price was low, it could be worth keeping.

When I look through the view finder to focus ,the wobble is quite pronounced and it just feels like end is going to fall off .
Thanks
Sean

johnriley

Link Posted 12/05/2016 - 08:24
That may be a little less than normal and a bit more worrying....
Best regards, John

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 00:17
No. It shouldn't behave like that !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

melness

Link Posted 14/05/2016 - 10:01
After having a wee think plus proof of how good/sharp this copy i have is ,i'm going to keep it,wobble as well lol .

Sample of how sharp this lens is ,even after a very heavy crop . Image is untouched apart from the crop .

Thanks
Sean
Last Edited by melness on 14/05/2016 - 10:02

Algernon

Link Posted 14/05/2016 - 11:59
That looks good and on the K20D no sign of purple/green fringing (CA). I was trying the lens on my K-5 yesterday and it does suffer from CA on that body. Zoner has a CA correction tool which lets you select purple/green fringing with a dropper and remove it. It also lets you mask the area to change so that you don't change any other greens etc.

This is a crop of the corrected Wainright bottle which suffered from CA (at f/8 ). I took the same shot with the Pentax FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro and couldn't tell the difference apart from no CA.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 14/05/2016 - 12:04
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.