Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax 67, 6x7, 67ii Waist Level Finders - are they interchangable?

BigTed
Posted 09/01/2009 - 19:36 Link
I am in search of a Folding WLF for a Pentax 67ii. They are difficult to find, especially as Jessops 'had one on order' for me for a month and then decided they didn't actually deal with them anymore (

So first question - if I can find any FWLF (6x7, 67 or 67ii) is it going to fit my 67ii?
Second question - anyone know where I could get one?
Third vaguely related question - I have a Seagull Angle Finder. Would a Nikon F5 eyepiece adaptor fit my P67ii? (This was of course the Seagull adaptor I didn't buy, but I thought I'd ask the question before I tried!

Responses/ideas really appreciated!
(This is a wonderful camera btw)
Daniel Bridge
Posted 09/01/2009 - 20:23 Link
To answer your second question, here's one. But you'll have to find the answer to your first question to be sure it will fit. From the first paragraph of this, I think it will, but...

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
gartmore
Posted 10/01/2009 - 08:37 Link
Ebay is awash with 67 kit right now
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
hefty1
Posted 10/01/2009 - 11:49 Link
That's probably because when the economy was looking robust at this time last year a lot of MF cameras were being bought out of curiosity by people who'd never had the chance to use one before, hence prices were going upwards. Now folks are liquidating non-essential assets you'll find a lot of those very same cameras being dumped back on the market at reduced prices - if you have some liquid funds then this could be a very good year for picking up bargains...

Once I find a 67 with finder / lens / back in serviceable condition and for less than £150 (it'll happen soon!) then I'll be joining the ranks of owners.
Joining the Q
gartmore
Posted 10/01/2009 - 12:44 Link
Well that's bad news

I was thinking about selling all my MF kit and buying a K20. On a shoot last year I shot with the 645 and the DS and you could hardly tell the difference but if we'd been looking for big enlargements I suppose film would have been better. We weren't and as only one lab here processes 120 film now the days are numbered, sadly. Pretty effective doorstop perhaps?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
hefty1
Posted 10/01/2009 - 12:59 Link
If you're willing to post overseas then you could still get a reasonable price; although the value is dropping in absolute terms, the currently weak £ means a buyer in the US (for example) could give you 30% less (in $) than this time last year and you'd still get the same price in sterling.

A lot of sellers shoot themselves in the foot by sending items to UK only, although it'll be one of these I intend taking advantage of before too long.
Joining the Q
gartmore
Posted 10/01/2009 - 13:43 Link
Vulture
Ken
hefty1
Posted 10/01/2009 - 14:36 Link
Yep that's me! lol
Joining the Q
BigTed
Posted 11/01/2009 - 00:33 Link
Update - Thanks for responses
I've taken a flyer on this and bought a WLF from Mifsuds (10 day return, 3 months g'tee). They think it fits - nice people - but I'll feed back when I get it.....

Appreciated!

Trying not to get into the film v digital discussion ) but I use both for different things - those 6x7 negs are just amazing. Wouldn't mind betting my ME and P67 will be working long after my K10 has been replaced by a K30 (40, 50, ...).
'Lee (Frost) the Luddite' has now gone digital, but Andy Rouse has picked up his Pentax 645 again.... but that's a different string
BigTed
Posted 16/01/2009 - 22:07 Link
Mifsuds was right - 67 WLF 'Asahi Pentax' does fit the much later 67ii

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.