Pentax 250-600mm Big Glass

helios

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 18:22
Mike-P wrote:
bollicina31 wrote:

However I'm not happy.

I think I was the first to speak x mail, with tea, the seller.
I've made some proposals, you almost We accept, then you've stopped answering my mail, without giving me a chance to raise and no information, I learned that you have sold to others only through the forum.

It is not nice, and not serious, I wanted to die, to have this lens.

The seller was quite entitled to sell it to whoever he wished. Personally I am glad it went to a forum member rather that someone that joined just to buy the lens and if I remember correctly he asked for first refusal anyway.

If not getting a camera lens is causing such a reaction I hate to think what you will be like when something serious happens in your life.

It is possible that the seller might have had reservations about entrusting a valuable item to the Italian postal services. Unless they have improved in the last year or two since my last exerience of selling an item to an buyer in Italy.
Archie

Grisha

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 18:32
I was ready to go and collect it in benhalf of him and I live not far from Sam
Anyway is not compulsory to send by normal post, does sounds new the word courier to you?

Algernon

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 18:50
samfilce wrote:
Unlocker wrote:
If possible, can I ask for 1st refusal please, photos depending of course!

Gladly

Wouter wrote:
Can I ask for second refusal please?

Again, Gladly

First and Second in the Que
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

helios

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 19:33
This was a slightly unusual sale as the OP asked for advice on valuation of the lens and only after some discussion on this topic did it become a proper Classified Ad sale. In any case we do not run formal auctions, a seller simply indicates that an item is for sale then negotiations take place usually by PM.

As Mike-P says it is up to the seller to decide to whom and at what price he wishes to sell. For potential buyers - you win some, you lose some.
Archie

Grisha

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 19:45
I agree, very unusual sale indeed
Last Edited by Grisha on 24/12/2010 - 19:46

Asahiflex

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 20:16
Grisha wrote:
I agree, very unusual sale indeed

Every Pentax Long Glass sale is unusual!

bollicina31

Link Posted 24/12/2010 - 21:34
Mike-P wrote:
bollicina31 wrote:

However I'm not happy.

I think I was the first to speak x mail, with tea, the seller.
I've made some proposals, you almost We accept, then you've stopped answering my mail, without giving me a chance to raise and no information, I learned that you have sold to others only through the forum.

It is not nice, and not serious, I wanted to die, to have this lens.

The seller was quite entitled to sell it to whoever he wished. Personally I am glad it went to a forum member rather that someone that joined just to buy the lens and if I remember correctly he asked for first refusal anyway.

If not getting a camera lens is causing such a reaction I hate to think what you will be like when something serious happens in your life.

is very difficult to find the 250-600, I lost two auctions, because I'm just lucky, and I was hoping this so special because it's the f *, very rare.

If you do case versions F *, not seen ever.

Having lost to myou is serious, how to lose a personal thing.

And the seller with myou was unclear, making me understand that the lens was mine, just that I paid in cash immediately.
He has convinced me that ro first on the list and the only one to be concerned.
You will understand, that discover to be cheated isn't beautiful, and I apologise if my English is not "beautiful"

happy Christmas to all

KKG515

Link Posted 29/10/2011 - 23:30
If you consider what this outstanding piece of Glass sold for when it was still being made them anything less than $5,000.00 would be giving it away. I certainly wouldn't take that little for mine and I have back troubles to the point that I have to have somebody else carry the thing for me!!!

With my Pentax K-7 I get a Full Field of View with this lens and with the Digital Conversion "IT" is truly a 375mm to 900mm lens and still offers an f-5.6!!! Also, outstanding.

I can set-up in West Seattle, WA and use this lens for Full Frame shots of the Space Needle in Down Town Seattle!!! It is more lens than I can handle but as long as I can get someone to help me get it in to place and I have a Heavy Duty Bogen Tripod to use with it I will keep it around.

Mike

petrochemist

Link Posted 30/10/2011 - 01:10
Thank Heavens this sold a year ago. It was just down the road from me & would have been VERY tempting!
Mike
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.

.[size=11:].Flickr WPF Panoramio
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.