Pentax 250-600mm Big Glass


frederik9111

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:21
Also from my side: Thx for not answering my messages too..
Imagine...

frederik9111

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:30
Who may we congratulate?
I hope someone from this forum!
Imagine...

Mike-P

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:51
Hopefully it was the person who had first refusal.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

tigershoot

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:56
I dream of finding one of these in some second hand shop at a ridiculous price. I guess I better keep dreaming. It would be great to know how many were ever made.
K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

Unlocker

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:58
frederik9111 wrote:
Who may we congratulate?
I hope someone from this forum!

Guilty as charged!!

Have not long got back to the shop from a very tiring trip, so will report back later, but for now, the good news is that the glass looks good, with just a tiny mark or two, the bad news is that the aperture lever at the rear is bent and the aperture ring does not click in each position as it should.

It will need repair as it doesn't always connect properly, so autofocus doesn't always work as it reverts back to F32 and not enough light. When it does connect properly though, the autofocus works fine. Sure I can come up with a workaround until I can get a repair quote.

This was definately one of those sales where you just have to take whats there, because if I was to wait for the right one in the right condition, there is no way I would have been able to afford it (there will be some lenses for sale!).

Right off home for a play and a clean, if I don't fall asleep as soon as I get home, I'll post a bit more later.

PS. Many thanks to Sam for a pleasant easy transaction, and for the coffee which was definately needed after that trip!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

tigershoot

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 20:03
congratulations Unlocker.
K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash

lidy

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 20:07
Congrats, Unlocker! You were after all the one who asked for first refusal, so if you like it, it's only fair that it ends up with you. I hope you'll be able to get it fixed at a reasonable price. Anyway ... great buy, enjoy and don't forget to show us some pics every now and then!
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. - Ansel Adams -
Last Edited by lidy on 20/12/2010 - 20:20

frederik9111

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 21:01
Super buy Unlocker!!
Imagine...

Asahiflex

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 06:54
Congratulations!

Be glad it does not look like my copy or you would easily have to pay at least twice as much!


Last Edited by Asahiflex on 21/12/2010 - 06:56

Algernon

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:13
Congrats from me as well It rightly went to the person who was given first refusal and is a long standing member of this forum, which is nice to see, because, we know he will post some shots taken with it and we can all drool. Praises to Sam as well for sticking to his word.

This lens is that good wide open that an option for repair would be to fix it permanently wide open. I think it's part of the design that a Filter has to be in place at all times.

Perhaps Peter could send you a copy of his Avatar to stick on your lens
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 21/12/2010 - 10:18

Unlocker

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:27
tigershoot wrote:
congratulations Unlocker.

Thankyou!

lidy wrote:
Congrats, Unlocker!

Thankyou!

frederik9111 wrote:
Super buy Unlocker!!

Thankyou!
Asahiflex wrote:
Congratulations!

Be glad it does not look like my copy or you would easily have to pay at least twice as much!

Thanks Peter!

You know, I'm kinda glad it's a bit beaten up! As you say if I could have got a copy like yours, there is no way that I would have been able to afford it! Not only that, I would be scared to take it out in case it got a scratch on it (you should have seen my reaction when I found a small scratch on the bottom of a MacBook Pro!!).

It would then end up like my FA Limiteds, gorgeous, the best there is but gathering dust on the shelf as I'm too scared to take them out and use them in case they got marked! They actually were sold in the end for that reason (and that I prefer zooms).

Now that I have this 'working copy', which at 1st look seems to produce the results and I don't have to worry about it getting scratched, it's gonna get used, and I'm looking forward to using it as well!

Right, as I raided Fionas car fund to pay for this (she passed btw!), if you could all buy the lenses etc. that are going in the marketplace today I'd appreciate it!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

hefty1

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:28
Unlocker wrote:
This was definately one of those sales where you just have to take whats there, because if I was to wait for the right one in the right condition, there is no way I would have been able to afford it (there will be some lenses for sale!).

I'll give you 50 quid cash for that DA*300...
Joining the Q

Unlocker

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:40
Algernon wrote:
Congrats from me as well It rightly went to the person who was given first refusal and is a long standing member of this forum, which is nice to see, because, we know he will post some shots taken with it and we can all drool. Praises to Sam as well for sticking to his word.

Thanks again Algi! Just don't have a clue when I'm going to get the chance to get out with it, but a trip to the zoo sounds good as I can drive the car around there to carry it! Thanks again to Sam as well because this was the only way (without winning the lottery) that I would be able to get my hands on one of these!

Algernon wrote:

This lens is that good wide open that an option for repair would be to fix it permanently wide open. I think it's part of the design that a Filter has to be in place at all times.

Doesn't look like it will have to be that drastic fingers crossed!

Algernon wrote:

Perhaps Peter could send you a copy of his Avatar to stick on your lens

Was thinking of borrowing that!! If you know anyone who has 2 of the real items for sale though, please let me know!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Unlocker

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:40
hefty1 wrote:
Unlocker wrote:
This was definately one of those sales where you just have to take whats there, because if I was to wait for the right one in the right condition, there is no way I would have been able to afford it (there will be some lenses for sale!).

I'll give you 50 quid cash for that DA*300...

put a 6 in front of it, and you can come pick it up now!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

bollicina31

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 21:04
Asahiflex wrote:
Congratulations!

Be glad it does not look like my copy or you would easily have to pay at least twice as much!



Hello, congratulations, nice lens.

The sell??

I know where to put it
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.