Pentax 250-600mm Big Glass

bollicina31

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:09
samfilce wrote:

As I said, there are obvious signs of wear and tear.
The lens is in Essex, UK

And I'm selling it because I don't use it. I don't have a Pentax DSLR and I only used it with an adapter to work on my Olympus E-410. As a result I have never used the autofocus etc so I cannot comment on how that works. I rarely go out taking photos anymore, as i've finished my photography A-level, so I'm trying to get a bit of money to pay for my accounting course

you have a new mail, so we conclude

hello
Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 20/12/2010 - 19:09

Asahiflex

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:14
As the buyer of the Dutch F* 250-600 I wanted to say hi to everyone. Just to show how small the Pentax world actually is

Marc Langille

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:18
Mike-P wrote:

Not really, I couldn't live with a lens in that exterior condition, it would drive me mad. Hence why I was not in the car and on my way up on the first post.

Nice one Mike! I agree with those comments - it's what I would consider a "working copy". No worries so long as the AF and the optics are fine. The results are what matters. Algi was kind enough to post links to some of my images, for whatever that might be worth.

Regards,
Marc
“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”

Marc Langille

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:22
Asahiflex wrote:
As the buyer of the Dutch F* 250-600 I wanted to say hi to everyone. Just to show how small the Pentax world actually is

Now Peter just showed up! Small world indeed...

Cheers,
Marc

frederik9111

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:25
Hi Peter!!
Whahaha, I know the Pentax-world was small, but this is really creepy
Imagine...

Asahiflex

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:50
Hi there, Marc and Frederik! Nice to see you again

And to share my story about my purchase of a lifetime: the item was there for everyone to see, for nearly a week. It would show up in everyone's Google search. But I made a serious offer by e-mail, and refrained from bidding (it's not really an auction site anyway). By the end of the week my offer was still the highest, together with another person who offered the same amount. In a stroke of luck the other person contacted me and we talked about the lens and what I had to offer him. Since he was more of a travel person, he agreed to buy my Sigma 500/4.5 APO EX, which is considerably more lighter than the F* 250-600 (the F* is almost 2 kilos heavier and that definitely counts when trekking).

So that's how I became the lucky owner of this lens

Algernon

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 20:58
Marc Langille wrote:
Nice one Mike! I agree with those comments - it's what I would consider a "working copy". No worries so long as the AF and the optics are fine. The results are what matters. Algi was kind enough to post links to some of my images, for whatever that might be worth.

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc, Don't forget that you've pushed the price of these lenses up by an extra $2,000 with the hummingbirds

I think Sams probably getting a better picture of what it's worth now and because he prefers a sale through this forum and it sounds like the buyer is going to have to have a look at the lens first it might be better that way.

If it were a Fender guitar you would have to pay extra for the scratches
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Unlocker

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 21:18
Well this has certainly generated some interest whilst I've been at work all day!

Have confirmed my interest with Sam via PM, just hope I've not missed out whilst not being around!

Fingers crossed, as I'm quite excited about this! There might just be a DA* 300mm for sale soon!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Marc Langille

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 21:39
Algernon wrote:
Marc Langille wrote:

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc, Don't forget that you've pushed the price of these lenses up by an extra $2,000 with the hummingbirds

I think Sams probably getting a better picture of what it's worth now and because he prefers a sale through this forum and it sounds like the buyer is going to have to have a look at the lens first it might be better that way.

If it were a Fender guitar you would have to pay extra for the scratches

Say nooo to price increases... Fair enough Algi, since it is big glass, although I sure hope I'm not solely responsible! I agree about the test drive - that's a very important with super telephotos. I spent a bit over 2 hours trying my FA* 250-600/5.6 out during an outing with the previous owner. No regrets and a huge peace of mind.

Of course, mine could be sold as near mint, except for a scuff on the tripod collar. Since I already owned the FA* series lenses and the FA* version has the power zoom option, that's why I chose this one over the F* series. The power zoom is useful, no question, but it doesn't let the batteries last a long time on the K10D + grip. Maybe with the K-5 in the new year...

I think I shall post a favorite Northern Cardinal image soon. The red works very well in the spirit of Christmas!

(apologies to the OP for a potential thread hijack)

Regards,
Marc
Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 20/12/2010 - 19:10

johnriley

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 22:25
This is supposed to be a Classified Ad. Please restrict it to offer for sale and relevant questions. If it gets cluttered with a discussion it becomes impossible for buyers to know what is going on. Has there been an offer accepted? Is it now sold? If not, I'll be tidying up the thread in due course.
Best regards, John

johnriley

Link Posted 18/12/2010 - 22:32
It's tidied somewhat now, please do the chat in Lenses. The lens has been offered for sale, can we please clarify it it's been sold? If it has, the chat can go back into Lenses as it was.

Update: The OP has confirmed that the lens is still for sale and he wants it to be seen as a Classified Ad.

After the sale is concluded I'll put the other stuff back in Pentax Lenses, unfortunately the forum software doesn't cater for splitting threads.
Last Edited by johnriley on 19/12/2010 - 00:01

Wouter

Link Posted 19/12/2010 - 01:21
johnriley wrote:
Messages stay in the Outbox until read by the recipient, after which they move to Sent Items.

Thanks John (and Mike, and Lidy through PM) for pointing that out, I didn't know that
On another forum I frequent it seems to work a bit different, but no reason to panic on this forum then...

Edit: Oh, sorry, now I fill up the thread with O/T too
John, you may remove this also when tidying up then, sorry again
Pentax K-r & K-01
K 35/2; 135/2.5 M 28/2.8; 28/3.5; 35/2.8 F 50/1.7; 24-50; 35-70; 70-210; 1.7x AF
FA *24; 28; 31Ltd; 50/1.4; 135; 28-200; 80-320; *80-200 DA 40Ltd; 70Ltd; 16-45; 55-300
Kiron 105/2.8 Macro (KA) Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/85 Sigma 10-20; 30/1.4; 50/1.4; 180/3.5 Macro
Last Edited by Wouter on 19/12/2010 - 01:23

samfilce

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 18:18
This lens is now sold

bollicina31

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 18:37
samfilce wrote:
This lens is now sold

this is not nice

you can answer my mail?

johnriley

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 19:08
Now the lens is sold I'll move this back to Lenses and reinstate the other bits of chat.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.