Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax 10-17 or Sigma 10-20

Posted 01/05/2007 - 09:52 Link
And, no, Bristol haven't got 'em either.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 01/05/2007 - 14:42 Link
One problem with this really wide angle type lens is, when you take your eye away from the viewfinder, you realise just how close the swan is...

Comment Image

*istD, 10mm

But sometimes nothing else will do if you want to get everything in.

Comment Image

*istD, 11mm

Dan
Posted 01/05/2007 - 14:58 Link
Second shot is terrific, Dan.
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 03/05/2007 - 13:45 Link
Hi All,

Should be getting a small qty of the Sigma 10-20 in tomorrow - will be in touch with anyone who expressed an interest!

Thanks,

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Posted 09/05/2007 - 18:04 Link
Thanks to Chris I now have a Sigma 10-20. He really looks after Pentaxians!
niblue
Posted 30/05/2007 - 10:27 Link
I've got both the Sigma 10-20mm and Pentax 10-17mm lenses. The Pentax lens is great fun and I enjoy using it, however the Sigma 10-20mm is my most used lens and I've found it to be an excellent bit of kit.

I posted a few test shots when I first for the fisheye zoom, plus a comparison with the angle of view of the Sigma and those can be seen here http://www.pbase.com/niblue/fisheye

There are also a number of shots using both lenses in this gallery http://www.pbase.com/niblue/stavanger as well.
Mongoose
Posted 30/05/2007 - 10:57 Link
thanks niblue, that shot of the bridge taken with both lenses is very interesting. Of course the angle of view difference has been explained by those knowledgeable in the subject, but there's no substitute for seeing the shots.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 30/05/2007 - 18:07 Link
Hey Niblue, nice to have you back again, it's been a while! Hope there was nothing wrong, and if there was that it's sorted now.

Looking forward to more Firth of Forth pics...

Dan
niblue
Posted 01/06/2007 - 14:34 Link
Dan,

Thanks for the welcome.

I usually only post on these sites when I'm actually in the process of buying new kit so dissapeared last time once my lens buying urges were sorted out. They're back now though as SWMBO is off to Singapore in July so I'm deciding what lens to ask for as a pressie... (16-45 is the most likely candidate).

Cheers
Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.