Pentax *ist DL and non A lenses

youngres

Link Posted 17/09/2006 - 16:27
Help, I am a new user with Pentax Digital and have a *ist DL and want to use some of my older Pentax lenses from The K and M range, these all being non "A" lenses. Could someone tell me how I can get the camera's metering to work with these older lenses, obviously I'll have to focus the lenses manually, but I can't even get the camara to take a picture. My manual suugested using the depth of field button, but this didn't seem to do anything.
Would appreciate any suugestions
Thank you!

Don

Link Posted 17/09/2006 - 16:51
in the menu under custom settings make sure "using aperture ring" is set to "permitted"
the built in flash will probably only go full, but the 360 fgz will work in ttl and auto and manual modes.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

youngres

Link Posted 17/09/2006 - 17:18
Thanks for your reply, I'm now able to get the camara to fire, but how do you get the metering to work?

Don

Link Posted 17/09/2006 - 21:04
set focus on camera to manual "mf"
set dial on camera to "M"
set aperture on lens.
press "AE-L" button on camera....
works for me.

youngres

Link Posted 17/09/2006 - 23:32
Thank you very much, works brilliantly. Why couldn't they just say that in the manual, unless I missed it...

Don

Link Posted 18/09/2006 - 00:11
We're MEN.
We don't need manuals. (unless we're lost in the woods with no T.P.).

zoik

Link Posted 18/09/2006 - 16:20

======================
*DS/SG1grip28-200/18-55/50/28

Mannesty

Link Posted 19/09/2006 - 02:41
Only when all other avenues have been thoroughly explored and the desired result is not yet achieved do we RTFM (Read The {enter your own F-Word} Manual)
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.