Pentax - A ❇️ Star PK mount 85mm f1.4

Defragged

Link Posted 13/05/2020 - 20:53
I'm not sure if this would be considered a good price or not but I have seen them advertised for considerably more than this in the past.

Anyway, for any one considering such a purchase it may be worth a look at least.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-rare-SMC-Pentax-A-Star-PK-mount-85mm-f1-4-Prime-Len...

C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/05/2020 - 08:37
It's been re-listed a couple of times at that sort of price - which suggests it's a little highly priced for the current market. Mine was a similar price about 4 years ago, and well worth it (IMO) - I have a feeling that when the new D-FA* 85/1.4 appears I will be keeping my A*....

...and probably an FA*....

...and most likely the K, and the FA77, and the Auto-Takumar....

...Oh dear, have I got a problem
LennyBloke

Defragged

Link Posted 17/05/2020 - 18:33
LennyBloke wrote:
It's been re-listed a couple of times at that sort of price - which suggests it's a little highly priced for the current market. Mine was a similar price about 4 years ago, and well worth it (IMO) - I have a feeling that when the new D-FA* 85/1.4 appears I will be keeping my A*....

...and probably an FA*....

...and most likely the K, and the FA77, and the Auto-Takumar....

...Oh dear, have I got a problem

I feel for you Lenny but some problems are a pleasure to be guilty of. I would like to own this lens, note, own not need! I already own a beautiful SMC Tak F1.9 85mm, a beautiful example of a Jupiter 9 F2 85mm and a Samyang F1.4 85mm. So no, I don't need another 85mm but heck it's a Pentax A❇️ soooo!!!!
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

HarisF1

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 00:04
I won't be helping when I say it's one of the sharpest lenses I've ever handled, even wide open.

They put something funny in these A* lenses for sure. The FA* 85 doesn't come close in terms of sharpness.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 13:38
HarisF1 wrote:
I won't be helping when I say it's one of the sharpest lenses I've ever handled, even wide open.

They put something funny in these A* lenses for sure. The FA* 85 doesn't come close in terms of sharpness.

Can't agree with that - there is very little between them in terms of sharpness, the main difference is in how the out of focus areas are rendered, the FA* has a beautifully smooth look, the A* is a it more clinical - perhaps that's what gives you the impression that it's sharper
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 18/05/2020 - 15:52
Probably - in a landscape comparison at infinity the A* was just so impressive. Clinical is a good way to describe the image. The FA* was a bit softer which could be down to normal variance.
Last Edited by HarisF1 on 18/05/2020 - 15:53
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.