P50 film wind lever has gone loose, what should I do?

alexhhchan

Link Posted 23/03/2016 - 18:27
I recently found an old Pentax P50, so I decided to try it out today. It was working fine until I finished my first roll of film, and I tried to load a different roll in. The film wind lever has gone completely loose, and the film won't advance when I use it. Is there a way for me to easily fix this at home? If not, where can I get it fixed in the UK?

Thanks

womble

Link Posted 23/03/2016 - 19:54
Try Googling for a service manual, there are some about. The best UK repair shop for older Pentax SLRs is Harrow Technical.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/03/2016 - 07:33
I bought a P50 on ebay and when it arrived it had the same problem, it may be a common fault. I haven't taken mine apart to try to fix it though (because even apart from that it's in a poor way).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Kim C

Link Posted 13/05/2016 - 15:59
alexhhchan wrote:
I recently found an old Pentax P50, so I decided to try it out today. It was working fine until I finished my first roll of film, and I tried to load a different roll in. The film wind lever has gone completely loose, and the film won't advance when I use it. Is there a way for me to easily fix this at home? If not, where can I get it fixed in the UK?

Thanks

Not 100% sure on the P50 but you should be able to tighten it under the cap on the lever.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.