Outstanding 35-105 f3.5 SMCA for sale

JonSchick

Link Posted 12/10/2014 - 18:02
One of a handful of lenses I kept after moving to m43, I'd thought this would end up being my poor man's fast 70-200, but actually it's sat in my bag unused for so long now that I've realised that it ought to go to a home where it will see some action.

It's difficult to over-emphasise quite how good the condition of this lens is - I'm struggling to find any cosmetic blemishes and optically it is wonderful. I can't imagine it would be possible to find a better one, and maybe now is the time to snap up this well regarded "stack of primes" before Pentax release the FF camera that appears to be getting closer!

If you know about this lens and have been tempted before, then this example is stunning. If you don't know about the lens, then there is a review on the USA PF site but in essence it's a great constant aperture zoom with a very useful macro facility. Image quality is excellent (not quite the fabled "stack of primes" but not so far off) and, being an "A" lens, it communicates properly with any Pentax dSLR, whilst being f3.5 also means it's bright enough to enable easy manual focus. Every time you use it, you get that "they sure don't build them like this anymore" feeling.

Realistically priced to sell at 90 incl RMSD within the UK. I will quote for postage to the EU.

Cheers,

Jon

melness

Link Posted 14/10/2014 - 21:17
hi,do you have any photos taken with this lens that has the exif information.

Sean
Thanks
Sean

JonSchick

Link Posted 14/10/2014 - 22:33
Hi Sean,

Nothing that would be terribly helpful I'm afraid - the lens really has sat around unused (with silica gel - no fungus!) although I did take it out for a whirl at a gig with the K-5 a year or so back. The images may not help you overly much as the ISOs were so high (1600-3200) but the thread is here:

link

I've owned three of these lenses over the years and this is in the best condition of all of them. You do get some fringing from it on occasion, and the gig shots posted above certainly had some of that (they were all taken at f3.5-4 by the way, as the venue was very dark). It's not a problem in more normal lighting conditions though.

Perhaps of more use might be the samples from this lens you can view at the PentaxPhotoGallery? I've posted the link below, and have no reason to believe that my lens is anything other than an excellent/typical example so with the right photographer it should give great results!

link

Cheers,

Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 06:40
Bump - great lens in superb condition. Offers considered. Jon

JonSchick

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 22:10
Sold and paid for - thanks for looking. Jon
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.