Outdoor Photography- Free Book


oldhat

Link Posted 04/06/2016 - 18:11
For those interested in landscape photography, the July edition of Outdoor Photography includes a free copy of "Reading the Landscapes" by Peter Watson. It is an impressive book of some 190 pages with lots of images and well worth the 5.25 you pay for the magazine

vic cross

Link Posted 04/06/2016 - 18:15
I take it that Outdoor Photography can be bought at any W H Smiths store??????????????????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

oldhat

Link Posted 04/06/2016 - 18:34
Hello Vic.
Yes- I bought mine in Sainsburys!!

dangie

Link Posted 04/06/2016 - 22:23
Got mine a couple of days ago. Book appears to be quite good. Don't think I would have paid its RRP of 24.99 but at 5.25 including magazine not bad value.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

RobL

Link Posted 04/06/2016 - 22:45
I get mine on subscription, but there was no book!

JohnX

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 08:32
RobL wrote:
I get mine on subscription, but there was no book!

Snap! Email or phone call to GMC tomorrow to ask if this is how they treat long term loyalty to their magazine.

Aitch53

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 08:52
Is it the same book with all copies? I'm sure the free book with the copies in our local Smiths was a book on digital printing.

Or are they still selling last month's or something?
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

oldhat

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 11:37
I can't really say. The one I have is a hardback copy and the flyleaf states that the price s 24.99.
My son says that his local Tesco is also selling the magazine with the same book.

malcombe

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 11:46
oldhat wrote:
For those interested in landscape photography, the July edition of Outdoor Photography includes a free copy of "Reading the Landscapes" by Peter Watson. It is an impressive book of some 190 pages with lots of images and well worth the 5.25 you pay for the magazine

I purchased the magazine this morning from Tesco and when I opened the packaging the book was 'Photographic Digital Printing' by David Taylor. Not at all what I wanted,

Anyone else experienced this? or am I just unlucky?
Malcombe

Stridey

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 19:24
malcombe wrote:
oldhat wrote:
For those interested in landscape photography, the July edition of Outdoor Photography includes a free copy of "Reading the Landscapes" by Peter Watson. It is an impressive book of some 190 pages with lots of images and well worth the 5.25 you pay for the magazine

I purchased the magazine this morning from Tesco and when I opened the packaging the book was 'Photographic Digital Printing' by David Taylor. Not at all what I wanted,

Anyone else experienced this? or am I just unlucky?
Malcombe

Same here down my local Sainsbury's in Bournemouth.
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

Aitch53

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 20:16
I had a quick look at their web-site (I assume that's the right one) and couldn't find any mention of a free book*. Odd.




* though it's not impossible I just missed something...
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

oldhat

Link Posted 05/06/2016 - 21:16
It is rather odd indeed. The actual free book must depend on where the magazine is being sold.

JohnX

Link Posted 06/06/2016 - 15:56
If anyone's interested, I spoke to GMC Publishing today, who told me that the inclusion of a free book, and which one, was wholly down to the retailer, hence some selling with no book, some with, and those with chose what they wanted, but not something offered to/considered for subscribers due to the additional cost of postage!!!!
Last Edited by JohnX on 06/06/2016 - 15:57

SteveF

Link Posted 06/06/2016 - 22:12
In Worcester (WHS) and Evesham (Tesco) the free book is "Photographing the Weather" by the aptly named Storm Dunlop. You couldn't make that one up.

Aitch53

Link Posted 11/06/2016 - 12:12
The latest issue of Black and White Photography (from the same stable?) has a free book as well.

In our local Smith's, it is a guide to Tamron lenses.

Going by the variety in the previous book give-away, yours may be different...
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.