On a walk with the SMC-A 50mm f2.


loadoftripe

Link Posted 04/08/2022 - 15:17
Took the KP and DA*300 with the 1.4 TC but nothing doing bird wise so used the smc-A 50mm f2 which is very light to carry, and took these shots, hand held and mainly SOOC. The shots are only for checking out this lens again, I am pleased with it, especially as it only cost 5 plus three quid postage, had to clean it though.

1. f8



2. f8 - I did lift the curves on this one;



3. f11 I don't know if the steel (mooring?) pole is a distraction or not?

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 04/08/2022 - 17:56
'Had to clean it though...' Made me smile, such a throwaway comment. Nice work there, loadoftripe.
Be well, stay safe.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 04/08/2022 - 17:57

PeterKR

Link Posted 04/08/2022 - 19:04
Well worth the 'test run' I'd say it passed fine.
Would those shots be Bideford, by any chance ?
Best regards
Peter

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/08/2022 - 08:57
You're proving that it's as much about the photographer as the equipment - well worth it
LennyBloke

loadoftripe

Link Posted 05/08/2022 - 15:35
Thanks peeps for the comments.
Peter, no not Bideford, in Plymouth, one of the river estuaries/lakes.

PeterKR

Link Posted 05/08/2022 - 20:27
loadoftripe wrote:
Thanks peeps for the comments.
Peter, no not Bideford, in Plymouth, one of the river estuaries/lakes.

Many thanks - I should have guessed it was near Plymouth !
Keep - em - coming.
Best regards
Peter

Flan

Link Posted 06/08/2022 - 00:03
See the second photo Loadoftripe, i like it because its an old fibreglass bilge keel hull against a really old ship lap timber hull and that is the photograph.
The contrast between the two with the texture from been laid up for so long, is a photo worth pursuing when light permits.
Forget all the surrounding elements and concentrate on the texture between the two old wrecks, get in close.
you probably have loads of time cause neither boat is going anywhere soon
Oh i forgot to say. that i like the photograph as it is, it just got me thinking.
Last Edited by Flan on 06/08/2022 - 00:29

OldTaffy

Link Posted 06/08/2022 - 16:28
I agree with Flan's comments.

As for number 3: yes, the iron post is a distraction. I don't feel it adds anything to the composition. Was it unavoidable?
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

PeterKR

Link Posted 06/08/2022 - 22:39
OldTaffy wrote:
I agree with Flan's comments.

As for number 3: yes, the iron post is a distraction. I don't feel it adds anything to the composition. Was it unavoidable?

I agree with the comments.
Don't be afraid to crop to a different shape if need be
Here is what I've done - hope you don't mind ?
Peter


loadoftripe

Link Posted 07/08/2022 - 10:48
PeterKR wrote:
OldTaffy wrote:
I agree with Flan's comments.

As for number 3: yes, the iron post is a distraction. I don't feel it adds anything to the composition. Was it unavoidable?

I agree with the comments.
Don't be afraid to crop to a different shape if need be
Here is what I've done - hope you don't mind ?
Peter



No problem, yeah it is avoidable and I have other shots without the pole, also an abstract one taken a while back close up through the 'eye' of the 'needle' / hole! thanks for the comments peeps.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.