Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 16:53

IMGP4475 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP4522 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

IMGP4537 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 17:22
Nice little set Peter - that first shot is an absolute classic shot of an English country church so simple and effective
LennyBloke
Last Edited by LennyBloke on 07/09/2021 - 17:22

Helpful

redbusa99

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 20:31
Good set. The Dome on the tower looks an interesting anomally on a Saxon Church. Most of the villages around Cirencester have Saxon or Norman Churches ,sometimes a mix of both, The skill of the builders always amazes me.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 07/09/2021 - 20:31

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 21:28
redbusa99 wrote:
Good set. The Dome on the tower looks an interesting anomally on a Saxon Church. Most of the villages around Cirencester have Saxon or Norman Churches ,sometimes a mix of both, The skill of the builders always amazes me.

I suspect the dome is a later addition, but I am no expert.
Peter

My Flickr page

RobL

Link Posted 08/09/2021 - 07:44
Churches with Ango-Saxon origins were altered and extended in the following centuries, as in this one where the dome, tower and windows are glaring examples. In churches near me the original elements are almost buried within the fabric and need to be sought out. However there is still a wonderful sense of stillness and timelessness as captured in the third photo above, which makes it my favourite.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 08/09/2021 - 09:02
Here is another.

IMGP4603 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
Peter

My Flickr page

redbusa99

Link Posted 08/09/2021 - 09:12
Beautiful. Is the church actually used or is it looked after by Churches Conservation Trust as quite a few are in my area that no longer get used.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 08/09/2021 - 10:37
redbusa99 wrote:
Beautiful. Is the church actually used or is it looked after by Churches Conservation Trust as quite a few are in my area that no longer get used.

It is looked after by the CCT as you suspected. No services are conducted there.
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 09/09/2021 - 21:29
2 & 3 are wonderfully framed interiors (if a bit unsettling in their spatial distortion). The very last you added is right up my alley - I would probably have seen exactly the same view (but with a 28mm on APS-C, so probably something like a square crop of the middle of your image)! But then I would have stripped all that distracting colour away.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 09/09/2021 - 22:18
Sry wrote:
2 & 3 are wonderfully framed interiors (if a bit unsettling in their spatial distortion). The very last you added is right up my alley - I would probably have seen exactly the same view (but with a 28mm on APS-C, so probably something like a square crop of the middle of your image)! But then I would have stripped all that distracting colour away.

The last is my favourite too. It is a work in progress as I intend to get it printed at 24x16. it involved sitting on the floor holding the camera on a bench and looking at the LV screen to get everything as level as possible. As soon as I lifted my head up a fraction too much it created a shadow in the light from the window behind me. I had the whole church to myself the whole time I was there. As it is sited on private land and has no car park or proper road it does not get many passing visitors except locals and the odd sheep.

If any of you are film buffs....the graveyard was used for the burial scene in the recent film "To Olivia".... a very sad bio of the writer Roald Dahl.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 09/09/2021 - 22:20

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/09/2021 - 23:43
Love 'em, particularly the last one.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

womble

Link Posted 10/09/2021 - 09:22
Some lovely shots there. What is the thing on the tripod in the second photo? The second photo also needs its colour balance correcting as with the last shot.

As anyone who follows my Instagram feed knows, I spend a lot of time photographing churches. This is exactly "my sort of thing".

K
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 10/09/2021 - 11:42
womble wrote:
What is the thing on the tripod in the second photo?

Two prayer books. The tripod looks more like a candle stand I think.
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/09/2021 - 10:53
pschlute wrote:
Here is another.

IMGP4603 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

I like this! Unusual and interesting composition
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.