Old habits ....

jvs

Link Posted 13/12/2021 - 21:03
Haven't done any wildlife photography for years, but we had a day out recently at Martin Mere and Marshside and managed a few reasonable pics with K3 + DA* 60-250 + 1.4 rear converter. A very enjoyable day out!

1 flamingos and eiders in the sun

2 redshank

3 black-tailed godwit

4 lapwing

5 pintail duck

John

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 13/12/2021 - 22:28
More than just reasonable pics, you would have had some great entries there for last week's competition. I particularly like the redshank with its reflection in the water, the lapwing with its iridescent colours and the lighting of the pintail.
Paul

K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 10:37
The lighting is lovely on these, sort of low and warm but without glaring highlights that can so often be caught off the water reflections. No favourites - all of the same high standard
LennyBloke

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 16:12
What LennyBloke says. And you haven't done any wildlife photography for years? Hard to believe looking at these images.
Be well, stay safe.

psburnley

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 19:17
Love the iridescence on the lapwing. No doubt a competition judge would mark you down for eye not being bright, sharp and with a highlight. Doesn't matter to me. Great shot.

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 21:35
Great pictures John. I guess you must be very pleased with these.

Thank you for posting the picture of the lapwing. I've never seen one up close and had no idea of their beautiful colours.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.