Old film Old camera

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 31/07/2014 - 12:57
No probs with developing Pan F -- I can do it in Rodinal or make up some Beutler formula and do it in 20 minutes -- it;s easy !
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

co049

Link Posted 01/08/2014 - 12:55
womble wrote:
stub wrote:
You have done the right thing in putting it on an auction site. Film is dead and is not coming back.. Some here will disagree Because it has a certain nostalgic value for some. More trouble than its worth...

This weeks "Amateur Photographer" poll has 16% of people having shot film in the last month. I probably use film 80% of the time as I find it fun, and the digital camera almost entirely reserved for work images. I was about to write a long critique of comments made in ignorance but then I realised that it what I do at work and I cannot be bothered here!

Luckily (for me) the film section of the US Pentax forums is quite lively unlike here.

K.

I've shot 4 rolls in the last 2 months, just need to develop them. Normally use the spare bedroom but we have been busy decorating upstairs
Chris,

Pentax K3, MX-1.
Pentax LX, Pentax MX, Pentax ME Super & Pentax MV.
"Old Skool" with the new!

tyronet2000

Link Posted 01/08/2014 - 15:56
Peter Elgar wrote:
No probs with developing Pan F -- I can do it in Rodinal or make up some Beutler formula and do it in 20 minutes -- it;s easy !

Are you volunteering Peter
Regards
Stan

PPG

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 11:28
Stan -- YES-- I can do it for you --send me a PM and I will send you my address and details --- Peter
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

Helpful

tyronet2000

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 11:57
Thanks Peter, you have a PM
Regards
Stan

PPG

macabee

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 16:16
Peter Elgar wrote:

Ah Rodinal, that takes me back, great stuff will last for years. Whilst I still have my ME, I do digital all the time, I noticed the difference when I scanned boxes of slide's to my computer, you do not get dust marks or 'tram' lines on digital images!

I still love the simplicity of an analogue camera, when I first started I used a camera without a light meter or rangefinder, never mind auto focus!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.