Ok Ok I know! 17-70 Vs 16-50

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 17:41
Let's just say I am glad you removed the temptation. The £800 offer had me on the verge of selling.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

jules

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 18:12
I would not like to take it from you and for you to regret it Mike, I've been there, not good, just need to raise a little more so I can get a Wide Zoom too, that will then do...
For the time being...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 18:22
jules wrote:
I would not like to take it from you and for you to regret it Mike, I've been there, not good, just need to raise a little more so I can get a Wide Zoom too, that will then do...
For the time being...

Pentax 12-24mm or Sigma 8-16mm?

I sold my Pentax 12-24mm as I never used it, superb lens though.
16/17mm is wide enough for me.

jules

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 19:22
Either really as they both have their strengths (12-24 has very even sharpness and the 8-16 is spectaccularly wide!) but I know what you mean it's difficult to fill the frame with stuff thats interesting at times and it#s a skill I want to learn.
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams

jules

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 22:23
Or I could be attracted to the 14mm F2.8 AL
Just because I've never even seen one
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 22:54
Hmmm, I have a 14mm f2.8 I never use.

jules

Link Posted 21/02/2012 - 23:44
Yikes
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

jules

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 19:17
Well Mike, I don't feel so bad about having to pay £939 for my 60-250 from SRS as I got the last one before the price went up to £995
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

Mike-P

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 19:19
Well done.

Has it arrived, have you tried it?

jules

Link Posted 22/02/2012 - 20:56
Coming tomorrow, along with some more bad weather but I'm genuinely excited about it.
I don't remember the last time I felt genuine enthusiasm for a Lens.
I could end up a happy bunny

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

jules

Link Posted 23/02/2012 - 14:08
60-250mm arrived about twenty minutes ago, just as I was putting the screen protector on the K5 Panic!

It's lovely and much smaller than I envisaged, very nicely put together. I should know as I've just about had everything but the kitchen sink thru my hands in the last few years
Goes well in the Retrospective 10 with the K5 and 17-70, just leaves room for a nice Pentax 12-24 when funds allow, hopefully not too long.

Buy less, enjoy it more.
New motto...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 23/02/2012 - 14:09

jules

Link Posted 26/02/2012 - 09:26
Finally got some Air Time with the new K5 and the 17-70
Very pleased!
Nothing serious, just a play, still need to work out my settings and stuff and remember to sRGB my Jpegs! Apolgies for the washed out look!
but I'm a happy boy...

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 26/02/2012 - 09:44

jules

Link Posted 26/02/2012 - 14:42
Redux!

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

jules

Link Posted 26/02/2012 - 16:13
Local resident spots his first Pentax of the year!

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

es

Link Posted 29/02/2012 - 21:49
[b]PLEASE HELP...
I just ordered my 16-50 Pentax DA* lens and hopefully will receive it tomorrow,should I put a UV or Protective Filter on it or not, will a filter have any effect on the performance of K-5, and soon to have my new K-01. any advice will be very much appreciated.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.