Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Offerings of Gobsfull of Grass and, mebbee, mud.

Posted 30/05/2022 - 20:04 Link
RSPB Bempton, East Yorkshire coast:
I'm always impressed/amazed/frustrated by the speed of these blighters. It would be so much easier to photograph them if they only slowed down a bit and had a predictable flight path.
All photos taken with my new to me Pentax K-3iii DSLR with a 55-300 PLM lens (hence some cropping).
I'm happy with the clarity and speed of the Pentax and the lens.
Which photo do you like best?

A: Comment Image

B: Comment Image

C: Comment Image

D: Comment Image
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Flan
Posted 30/05/2022 - 20:22 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi Grumpy, once i viewed large on my desktop computer my choice changed from c to b .
Number 2 basically which is some breed of gannet i assume(no expert with bird species)
It just has better eye detail than number 3 which is also a nicely framed and was my first choice when viewed on smaller screen but eye detail is dark so harder to connect as we do with a animal or bird Photograph.
Number 2 also has way more impact when viewed large as in the foreground colour and angle to the subjects trajectory.
Didn't think i would go on so much
pschlute
Posted 31/05/2022 - 09:38 - Helpful Comment Link
B for me. The light has caught the coloured patch behind the head very well.
Posted 31/05/2022 - 14:40 Link
Thanks. I like B because I was trying to get the gannet and thta colourful cliff edge too.
Lots of patience and luck too
1/100th sec f7.1 400 ISO full stretch - at the end of the 300mm zoom, metering centre weighted average
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.