Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

October/November Yorkshire Meet

fatspider
Posted 22/10/2007 - 20:36 Link
Well here I am folks, back from wonderful New England and I suppose its my turn to organise the next meet, I suppose October is probably out at such short notice (like next saturday for instance) so lets have some feedback on what suits everyone for November

I suggest Fairburn Ings but you'll all need long lenses, the trees will be losing or lost their leaves and our little feathered friends will be fattening up for winter.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Tyr
Posted 23/10/2007 - 12:59 Link
I couldn't really say at the moment as things could change very quickly. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
davem
Posted 23/10/2007 - 19:20 Link
Hello

Fairburn looks like a good bet. There are some large flocks of redwing and fieldfare about so the migration must have started. If we take enough bread then we can fatten up the birds even more so they can't move and we can use short lenses!

Still there are a number of different areas to shoot from including the feeding area when you can be very close to the swans(too close?)

I am free 10/17/24 November.

Dave
fatspider
Posted 23/10/2007 - 23:49 Link
Quote:
If we take enough bread then we can fatten up the birds even more so they can't move and we can use short lenses!

I can see your not really an experienced bird photographer Dave, everyone knows you have to get up early and put superglue on the branches

After several attempts to shoot a Robin someone suggested I use the old spade handle technique, it worked fine but the poor little thing had a terrible headache

Sorry, they dont get any better.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.