O-ring for K3

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 17:53
The o-ring that's the seal for the battery compartment door of my K3 has broken. A small blob of 'Fantastic Elastic' glue looked promising but wasn't strong enough to hold while putting the seal back on the door. A replacement part would be ideal, but lengths of material for making o-rings are widely available and cheap so DIY could be an option. Any suggestions, any experience?

Of course, the lack of seal doesn't affect the functioning of the camera and I don't deliberately soak the camera in water. However, I feel Murphy leaning over my shoulder and whispering "If it can let in water, it will let in water one day...".

Steve

redbusa99

Link Posted 09/09/2020 - 19:35
have a look in B&Q or similar , i bought a pack of mixed O rings from them and found what i needed amongst them.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/09/2020 - 14:06
Thanks, worth a try. The rest of the pack could go with the increasing heap of bags and boxes of things bought in bulk when I needed just one of them .

On the positive side, a couple of days ago I discovered a micrometer that I'd forgotten about () so can now measure the thickness of the O ring that's needed.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.