Non-forum classified adds

whyhaveone

Link Posted 18/03/2016 - 17:12
Who are the people who post items for sale in the classified ads under the Shop (rather than Forum) header?

Most have no history, no posts, have only posted to sell the item and there is no info about them. To me it seems a dodgy way to buy.

On the other hand for the adds under the Forum Classified section you can see their history, how long they've been a member, if they've bought/sold and get a good idea as to their trustworthiness.

It just seems odd to me.
SMC Pentax-DA L 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE; SMC Pentax-DA L 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR; SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR;
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE; SMC Pentax-FA 80-320mm F4.5-5.6; HD Pentax DA AF Converter 1.4X AW.

The 50-200 and 80-320 will be sold assuming I like my new 55-300.

johnriley

Link Posted 18/03/2016 - 18:07
Originally, the paid for ads were the only ones, but later a section was added to the forum that was free. As some people still wanted to use the old method, it was kept available.

It's all about choice. It's much the same as putting a classified ad in a newspaper, with the same potential pitfalls. As always, caveat emptor.
Best regards, John

Daronl

Link Posted 19/03/2016 - 07:00
Sorry to be a pleb but I just recently posted two lenses for sale by following the path ;

Shop >> Classified ads >> lenses

(Pentax 14mm & Pentax DA* 16-50) Should they be posted somewhere else. ?

If so please indicate the path to the appropriate place in the forum

In the past I have simply put items up for sale as a forum post which have been moved on the basis that they should have been posted in " classified"

Regards
Daronl

johnriley

Link Posted 19/03/2016 - 07:40
There is a forum section called "Classified Ads" and it's full of classified ads! If you post an advert elsewhere in the forum it might well be moved to this section so the right audience will see it.

Ads in the forum section are free, but must be Pentax related.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.