Nikon Coolscan III LS-30 Film/Neg Scanner

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 24/11/2010 - 18:06
Hi All,

Excuse the non-Pentax product being listed within these hallowed pages, rest assured that the only film that this scanner has ever scanned was produced by a Pentax SLR of one sort or another!

This will need to be a fairly short term offer as I've also listed this on ebay to start while I am away, so get in prior to 8pm on the 27th Nov so I can stop the listing!!! Delivery might have to wait a couple of weeks... apologies but I should have stuck it on here sooner but time has flown by.

It's 100% fully working and I'll be including an SCSI card that will work with ALL versions of windows, inc the 64bit versions. It was tested on my 64bit Win7 set-up as well as having been running recently on my parents 32bit XP PC.

I'll add some pics or link to them in a sec when they are done uploading...

Oh... nearly forgot, I'm looking for 175 for it, plus delivery at cost which I expect will be around 12-15. Check out the completed listings on ebay, scanners are going for a pretty penny!

Blurb for the ebay listing below:

Nikon Coolscan III LS-30 Film Scanner

Boxed with all accessories/manuals as pictured. Very good condition & 100% fully working.

I'm selling this scanner on behalf of my parents who have owned it from new. I was actually the main user when I was still living there in my early 20's - we don't need it anymore as I already own another scanner and mainly shoot MF & digital these days. It is working perfectly and I have had it installed in my PC this week to test.

Included:

Nikon LS-30 Scanner
Slide Mount Adapter MA-20
Strip Film Adapter SA-20
Strip Film Holder FH-2
Manual
Original Nikon Scan Software Discs
Power Cable
SCSI PCI card + cable

Main Features:
35mm neg & slide film scanning
2700 dpi - the TIFF files it generates are around 15-20MB each at max resolution.
Digital ICE dust & scratch removal
Approx 30 sec scan time for 35mm slide frame

More product info is available here: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/scanner/coolscan_3/

The SCSI card that is supplied works with ALL versions of windows, including the latest Vista & Windows 7 64bit. The standard SCSI card that would usually be supplied does not work with anything other than older 32bit versions of windows.

Note that the SCSI card is a PCI interface, check that you have a spare PCI card slot available in your machine. Installing the SCSI interface & drivers is a fairly simple process and I'll be happy to guide the winning bidder through the installation should any help be needed.

Please note that Nikon do not support 64-bit operating systems with their Nikon Scan software (download latest 32-bit version from Nikon support site), so you will probably need to download & use a copy of VueScan. Indeed for best operation, I'd recommend VueScan no matter which o/s you are using - the batch scanning facilities are very useful indeed!

-----------------------------

PM me if interested...
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 24/11/2010 - 18:19
Recent scan made with this scanner:

Scan-101109-0001 by willbartonphotography, on Flickr

And the scanner itself:

IMG_1124 by willbartonphotography, on Flickr

Typical that I'm sharing an unsharp picture But you get the idea!

IMG_1121 by willbartonphotography, on Flickr
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr

ellepi

Link Posted 24/11/2010 - 21:02
Pm sent
Pentax Spotmatic SPII
Super takumar 20|28|35|55|105|135|200
Pentax 40|50|55|70-200 - Jupiter-37AM
Mamiya M645 1000S - Sekor 24|55|80|150|210

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 24/11/2010 - 22:46
PM replied to - sorry I can't ship to Italy, it will be too expensive and potentially problematic (I've had problems with simple ebay items) to do that.
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr

Algernon

Link Posted 25/11/2010 - 11:05
I've got the same scanner as this and confirm that it is excellent
much better than the Olympus one I bought before it.

Coming with a working SCSI card is a big bonus. Most of the one's
on ebay are just the scanner.

Good Luck with the sale.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.