Newark Priory in the fog

pschlute

Link Posted 03/10/2019 - 17:15
I have been teaching myself about more of the pp tools available in LR/PS of late. This is a rework of a picture I have posted here before. Dodging/burning can really bring out details in a picture. I also used the dehaze slider, selectively, to let the Priory stand out a bit more.

Peter

My Flickr page

swarf

Link Posted 03/10/2019 - 18:19
Very nicely done. Congratulations on the framing, its' very difficult to frame the Priory effectively from that side of the Wey.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/10/2019 - 18:33
Excellent re-work - my initial impression was that it might work better in black and white, but the more I look at those subdued colours I see them as really enhancing the overall look.

LennyBloke

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 03/10/2019 - 19:41
swarf wrote:
Very nicely done. Congratulations on the framing, its' very difficult to frame the Priory effectively from that side of the Wey.

Phil

I have often thought about braving the cows and possibly an angry farmer to get some close up shots
Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/10/2019 - 21:31
A beautifully understated, atmospheric and peaceful picture. The reflections seem to draw the eye into the scene and the green at the water's edge subtly underlines the main subject.

Had to look up where it is on the Wey. Interesting that I'd never heard of Newark Priory but it's only 10 miles as the crow flies from where I grew up. It shows how narrow a younster's horizons can be!

pschlute wrote:

I have often thought about braving the cows and possibly an angry farmer to get some close up shots

It might be safer to get a longer lens ...

Steve

Helpful

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 04/10/2019 - 10:29
That's lovely... particularly like how you've framed the priory emerging from the darkness of the tree shadows... top stuff...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 13/10/2019 - 18:14
Quite atmospheric, and subtle colours, as said above. Lovely.

Helpful

davidwozhere

Link Posted 15/10/2019 - 18:16
You are right to be pleased with that. It's lovely.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 15/10/2019 - 19:13
davidwozhere wrote:
You are right to be pleased with that. It's lovely.

Thanks David. It is an older picture. I have not been well since May and have been honing my pp skills rather than getting out and shooting new.

There really is tons of stuff to to learn online. We really are the most blessed generations to be living at this time, although it may not seem so at times.

For this I used the dehaze slider in Lightroom selectively on the Priory. Park Cameras have a good tutorial on youtube if you search.

I have also been dodging and burning my photos using the layers tools in Photoshop.

if ever you guys are not as mobile for whatever reason I really do suggest spending some time brushing up on pp.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 15/10/2019 - 19:14
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.