New Pics- Fashion with K-R

CharisVega

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:02
Here's a few pics of what i've been upto you can see more at my website www.charistalbotphotography.co.uk or blog at www.charistalbotphotography.com- easy to find on facebook and was recently featured on the pentax page

Enjoy feel free to ask questions.
All shot on K-r - studio with a pentax-a 28-80mm (£10 from charity shop) and last two with pentax a 50mm 1.7 (second hand)

col55555ine

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:31
Like them all, like the light used in 4th,the 3rd would have liked the focus on the rose.2nd shadow works well.1st Eyes are a bit dark under the eye lids...

k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash

Algernon

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:49
I like them all especially the lighting on 1 and 2 it's very
even with no hot spots. I can't see anything wrong with the
eyes on No: 1 the makeups dark anyway and very well done.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

womble

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:51
I'm not into fashion photography myself but I can see that these are excellent! Very well done. I wouldn't know where to start!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

col55555ine

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:52
Algernon wrote:
I can't see anything wrong with the

i don't see anything wronge, it just that i notice it....
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 20:54
Absolutely superb. The model's lipstick is a bit over-applied on #2 in the corner of her mouth, but I can't see anything else I don't like. I think these demonstrate real skill and I would not have a clue how to go about shooting images as good as this.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Algernon

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 21:22
col55555ine wrote:
Algernon wrote:
I can't see anything wrong with the

i don't see anything wronge, it just that i notice it....

Possibly more noticeable because the face is lit from the broadside,
but it makes a change from everything being lit from the narrowside.
Some people say it's wrong, but a lot of top photographers have
done it so it's acceptable. One slight drawback is that all the
modeling on the broadside of the nose is lost, but this model
has nice features and you can get away with it.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

CharisVega

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 21:26
wow thanks you guys really nice to have positive feedback, I'll admit that trying to get into fashion and beauty photography is tough and unforgiving so to have such nice comments means the world to me

Blythman

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 22:23
Great to see a talented local photographer,working with an entry level camera and showing its not all about the gear. Its the photographer who takes the pictures.

Wouldn't have a clue where to start with your style of photography, so won't offer a critique as such. The outdoor shots in Bensham or Saltwell have an edge. A mix of days gone by and yet current. I used to try to escape the area with my camera when I lived there. Should have appreciated the photo opportunities.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

Defragged

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 22:52
Blythman wrote:
Great to see a talented local photographer,working with an entry level camera and showing its not all about the gear. Its the photographer who takes the pictures.

My thoughts too. I've often thought if some of us spent less time chasing the LBA rainbow and concentrated more on working-out our cheap and cheerfuls, (and not so cheap-n-cheerfuls in some cases) who knows what we might achieve!
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Last Edited by Defragged on 16/09/2012 - 22:52

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 23:40
CharisVega, Congratulations on a fab series of shots, I love them...particularly 1 and 2 which are so vivid and stunning, they have real impact. Like some of the other commentators above, I wouldn't know where to begin...but it makes a refreshing change from our usual daily staple diet of landscapes,flowers,birds, animals etc (no offence meant to anyone!).

Great to see you produce work of this quality on what is considered fairly 'cheap' and basic equipment as well..a sign of genuine talent. Hope you will post more in the future.

Karlo

aliengrove

Link Posted 17/09/2012 - 01:11
These are excellent, they could all be straight out of a glossy magazine. I especially like the third shot, beautifully crafted.
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

Frogfish

Link Posted 17/09/2012 - 02:34
These are wonderful shots Charis - #1 is an absolute killer but I really like #3 too (and I think the focus is in the right place).
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.