Exclusive Offer: Save 40% On EaseUS Data Recovery Software

New lenses for Pentax Cameras

bjolester

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 19:20
I am very interested in seeing the promised DA*11-18mm being finished and released. Hopefully it will turn out to be a lens of the same optical and mechanical level as the other recently produced Pentax D-FA* zoom lenses and the 50mm. It would also be great if Ricoh/Pentax could produce a 24mm or a 28mm of the same quality as the D-FA* 50/1.4. For instance, a HD Pentax-D FA* 28mm f2 SDM AW would really be something
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Last Edited by bjolester on 02/01/2019 - 19:20

robbiec

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 19:26
I have a few more in the Pentax back catalog to get before starting to look at new stuff but there is a window of opportunity to start saving. I have the HD Pentax-D FA* 50/1.4 and once I had a good play with it my previously treasured SMC A50/1.2 wilted in my eyes, left my bag, got packed away and sent over to Canada to begin a new life, so now I will be getting the set of HD P-DFA*s listed on the road-map one by one as they arrive.
The HD Pentax-D FA* 85/1.4 is one that I am most excited as it will be one of the first to arrive (that and the DA*11-18 I think) and that is purely because of the aforementioned 50/1.4; optically it has practically no weaknesses (you can see some PF wide open and there can be a hint of CA in high contrast scenarios) but you're really looking / pixel peeping and I personally find it balances beautifully on the K-1 sans grip which helps me dive reasonably easily enough below 1/50s with my personal limit being 1/10s handheld. If the 85 arrives with the same level of optical brilliance and packaging then I think our biggest problem will be toning down the resolution.
The other item which I will be looking very closely at will be the successor to the K-3 line. It is strange to think that the K-3 is now 5 years old, spec wise it still holds its own (24MP, 8fps, usable to ISO6400), so I am curious to see what Pentax / Ricoh will deliver in APSC format.
My Gallery

johnriley

Link Posted 02/01/2019 - 21:54
Continuing to think about this, the other lens I had been waiting for was the 17-28mm Fisheye zoom, but then I found a film era version. The SMC Pentax-F 17-28mm Fisheye Zoom is absolutely tack sharp on the K-1, so no need for the new one now.

If you can find one it's superb.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.