New lens

pschlute

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 15:57
Finally after many years of wanting I have acquired the classic Pentax SMC 28mm f2.0 "Hollywood" lens. Thank you to forum member John (LennyBloke) for excellent custodianship during it's tenure with him.

Only got it today so no real opportunities to test it properly, but the first and possibly most important evaluation is to see if it passes the "Rio" test. As far as I am concerned it does with flying colours.

Peter

My Flickr page

Benz3ne

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 16:00
Congratulations! A very sought after one - and a beautiful picture to boot. Plenty of 'pop' from Rio's head and lovely character across the board. Looking forward to seeing more images from this lens!

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 20:19
Genuinely pleased you've taken on this legend Peter - I know you'll get the most out if it. I look forward to a deluge of quality images over the next few days/weeks/months/years
LennyBloke

Helpful

HarisF1

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 20:30
Uff great first image Peter, really good cinematic quality about it. The lens' qualities seem to really favour your shooting style. Looking forward to many more.

Helpful

richandfleur

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 21:12
Wow that's nice!

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 05/11/2019 - 21:25
LennyBloke wrote:
Genuinely pleased you've taken on this legend Peter - I know you'll get the most out if it. I look forward to a deluge of quality images over the next few days/weeks/months/years

John. Thank you. I will do my utmost to give this lens the opportunities it deserves.
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 06/11/2019 - 23:03
Have fun Peter! I haven't used anything but 28mm (at times with tubes) for at least a year, and not much else in the past three or four... I wish I could give every existing 28mm a spin, and this one would certainly be high on the list!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.