My wedding photography site now live- feedback apprecaited

dinneenp

Link Posted 26/09/2019 - 16:34
Hi,
After taking much longer than expected I've finally finished my wedding photography website- http://patrickdinneen.ie/

I still have a few bits to tweek, some photos to add to some of the weddings & rearrange them but for the most it's finished.

If you have a few minutes please have a look & I'd be delighted with feedback- overall thought, what you like & don't like & constructive criticism.

Thanks in advance,
Pa

richandfleur

Link Posted 26/09/2019 - 22:57
Hi,

Front page looks very professional. I'd feel comfortable with the photographer based on that.

Comment re Gallery page, that image behind Take a moment to browse my gallery seems lower resolution and you've cut the eyes off, so it seems a bit weird.

The Weddings Page background image also seems a bit too lower res for the size I'm seeing it on a PC, but maybe fine for mobile.
Having white text on a white sky background makes it a bit hard to see.

Likewise on the let's talk page, low quality image.

None of this is major, and I do understand the conflict between high quality images and image size for fast loading, especially on a mobile data plan.

Hope this feedback can help.

RobL

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 07:40
I have just viewed this on an iPad and the quality looks fine on that. It looks excellent and conveys nicely your approach, good luck.

dinneenp

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 10:54
richandfleur wrote:
Hi,

Front page looks very professional. I'd feel comfortable with the photographer based on that.

Comment re Gallery page, that image behind Take a moment to browse my gallery seems lower resolution and you've cut the eyes off, so it seems a bit weird.

The Weddings Page background image also seems a bit too lower res for the size I'm seeing it on a PC, but maybe fine for mobile.
Having white text on a white sky background makes it a bit hard to see.

Likewise on the let's talk page, low quality image.

None of this is major, and I do understand the conflict between high quality images and image size for fast loading, especially on a mobile data plan.

Hope this feedback can help.

Hi,
Thanks for that. I'm aware of the low res issues- need to upload higher, that should sort it out.
The white text on white background is an issue- I either need to change the text colour (but then it's not consistent on every page header image. Not sure if I need to keep it consistent or if I'm over thinking it).

I should get around to those changes this weekend.
Thanks,
Pa.
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.

richandfleur

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 12:03
I just checked and the cropping is different (better) on a mobile browser.

Id keep text colour consistent and consider a different background image than the bright sky/water one.

Its looking really good though. Above is intended as constructive criticism.

Gwyn

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 13:21
The View more Photos button on the home page is throwing up a 404 for me.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 14:12
Gwyn wrote:

For me too.

dinneenp

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 16:40
1stEverPentax wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

For me too.

Thanks, I had that on my 'to do' list. Fixed now.
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.

dinneenp

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 16:42
richandfleur wrote:
I just checked and the cropping is different (better) on a mobile browser.

Id keep text colour consistent and consider a different background image than the bright sky/water one.

Its looking really good though. Above is intended as constructive criticism.

Hi.
I'll have to find different images for the header images.

"Above is intended as constructive criticism"- thanks; I know. I won't take any criticism personally; the more feedback the better. After spending so long creating & tweaking my site I have blinders on.
Cheers,
Pa
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.