My rant: 100 years (-1) or why I care for those who remain silent

JaroslawBrzezinski

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 14:50
McGregNi wrote:
I like the beautiful photos of the beautiful equipment, and it's always good to read more about Pentax historically. The colour balance of your "product shots" is very nice!

I would like to know about how that remote system worked. It looks very similar to some sort of radio flash trigger. Is it a remote control for firing the shutter?

As I am busy at work right now so I will only signal briefly what the system did: it was an infrared system made by Pentax with a transmitter and a receiver working for 4 separate channels. The transmitter could be operated by pressing a button or via the camera's hot shoe. The receiver had to be connected via a dedicated cord (there were at least five varieties). As far as I remember, depending on the cord used it attached to the winders/motor drives of Super A, MX, LX. It enabled single and continuous shooting. I will later try to send you a link to the operating manual.
Last Edited by JaroslawBrzezinski on 28/02/2018 - 14:51

JaroslawBrzezinski

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 17:26
Algernon wrote:
McGregNi wrote:

I would like to know about how that remote system worked. It looks very similar to some sort of radio flash trigger. Is it a remote control for firing the shutter?

Be quick one day left
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Pentax-Infrared-Remote-Control-System-Transmitte...

INFORMATION LINK
Thanks, you were faster then me. The system is not expensive and usually is in perfect shape - apparently hardly anyone used it. The real problem is getting the right cord. At the moment I have two sets of the system - one was part of a bigger deal of various Pentax LX accessories but the included cord was odd and did not fit any of LX accessories (I have no Pentax SFX or PZ camera at hand so it is hard to verify my hypothesis but the cord's plug looks similar to Cable Switch F) so I had to buy another system that came with a cord - this one at least lets me use the system with LX winder - but it still does not fit the LX motor drive.

https://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/pentaxlx/remote/index.h...

--

Defragged

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 18:05
JaroslawBrzezinski wrote:

"My rant: 100 years (-1) or why I care for those who remain silent"

Music to my ears!
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

JaroslawBrzezinski

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 18:58
Defragged wrote:
JaroslawBrzezinski wrote:

"My rant: 100 years (-1) or why I care for those who remain silent"

Music to my ears!

So let us all play more of that tune.
Best
Jarek

McGregNi

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 20:52
Thanks Algi for that enlightening about the remote control options. The LX system really was sophisticated for it's time . Thanks also Jaroslaw for the extra info too.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 28/02/2018 - 20:53

JaroslawBrzezinski

Link Posted 28/02/2018 - 21:03
McGregNi wrote:
Thanks Algi for that enlightening about the remote control options. The LX system really was sophisticated for it's time . Thanks also Jaroslaw for the extra info too.

This is where I downloaded a pfd from:
http://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwi_97LGw...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.