spinno

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 20:04
It isn't on B setting by any chance
David

ARoosterdoingtheshooting

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 21:22
spinno wrote:
It isn't on B setting by any chance

Hi David. There-by hangs a problem. I don't know - simply because when fresh batteries are inserted and before the power switch is activated there is a faint whirring sound as though a motor is running.
Even after powering up the whirring continues but there is absolutely nothing in the LCD screen other than the counter showing 1 but there is no film in the body - but with this model it shows a n exposed frame value even when the power switch is OFF. I have always thought it a neat little feature.

The issue first came about after loading new fresh batteries and a new film and at an indoor shopping mall with the camera set to Auto Pict, I shot the first frame and then the mirror locked-up on the second frame.
By the time I got home and with the power switch in the OFF position - the batteries were absolutely flat.
The camera has been 'Resting' now for some 5or6days without batteries and the power switch in the OFF position - but nothing upon inserting new batteries again.

ARoosterdoingtheshooting

Link Posted 29/01/2015 - 22:16
Hi to all of you following this rather sad story.
Not being entirely familiar with the MZ-7 and having scrutinised the User Manual until my eyes are sore but seeing it as an alternative mini computer controlled image machine - I have a question.

Is there an internal electronics Re-set button that can be operated with a fine probe similar to the part-used film rewind facility?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.