My little corner of the interweb thingy

womble

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 19:20
A while ago I won a years subscription to the foliopic website hosting people. I have finally got around to doing something with it.

It is still very much a work in progress but if you want to have a look it can be found here.

Comments, error corrections, free lenses all gratefully accepted...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

johnriley

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 19:31
As per the message I've left you! Excellent, simple site, just right.

The message sent OK, but the anti-spam was a lucky guess as it's almost unintelligible.
Best regards, John

womble

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 20:15
The anti-spam thing is the one provided by foliopic. It is a little hard to see I'll admit.

Thanks for the kind comment, I'm glad that it looks OK.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

terje-l

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 20:37
Lovely site, Kris! Simple, clean and very fast response. Congrats.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ

matwhittington

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 21:08
Looks very cool Kris, and rather professional. Top job.

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link

hefty1

Link Posted 06/07/2011 - 01:10
Very nice, and good luck selling some of your pictures too
Joining the Q

Shaky

Link Posted 06/07/2011 - 08:44
I think it looks very nice, but believe you should try to shorten the vertical height of the page; many people use laptops and netbooks with very low resolution screens and your latest images are in serious danger of falling ‘below the fold’ (ie out of sight on the screen).

My advice would be to shrink some of the elements like the title/header and main photos, and selectively tighten them so as to retain the same overall level of ‘blackspace’.

Mannesty

Link Posted 06/07/2011 - 08:57
Nicely done. I think you should disable the right click option when your images display to prevent anybody from stealing them.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

CoDa

Link Posted 06/07/2011 - 14:36
Simple, quick and looks good, the best of the KISS ethic.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.