My K1ii test photos.


walkeja

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 15:14
As I have said elsewhere, my K1 ii arrived yesterday, so I have been out and taken a few test shots.
Here are a few



This one has been pixel shifted(?)















All were taken with a Pentax - F 28 - 80 zoom.

Thanks for looking.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

pschlute

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 15:49
looks like the site has "shifted" a few of the pictures too
Peter



My Flickr page

Algernon

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 16:29
pschlute wrote:
looks like the site has "shifted" a few of the pictures too

The site has turned the portrait ones through 90deg. If I click the photo in Firefox I get the bigger size (800x533 pixels ) in another tab with the right orientation.

If that's the SMC F 28-80mm it looks as good on FF as it does on APS-C. I wouldn't use f/4.5 all the time though I prefer f/9 which gives overall good sharpness and edges almost as good as the centre. Must try mine on the K-1.

All good shots apart from the dandelion which is possibly too close to focus.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 26/04/2018 - 16:30

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 17:51
Really nice colours, massively surprising that the images are taken with what you'd call a budget lens.

Algernon

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 18:31
The SMC version certainly wasn't a budget lens it cost about 180. There were budget versions of it issued later including one labeled Takumar.

At the time the F 50mm f/1.4 cost 100.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/04/2018 - 19:31
Algernon wrote:
The SMC version certainly wasn't a budget lens it cost about 180. There were budget versions of it issued later including one labeled Takumar.

At the time the F 50mm f/1.4 cost 100.

--

Wow. That's a very important bit of info right there!

walkeja

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 10:35
Algernon wrote:
pschlute wrote:
looks like the site has "shifted" a few of the pictures too

The site has turned the portrait ones through 90deg. If I click the photo in Firefox I get the bigger size (800x533 pixels ) in another tab with the right orientation.

If that's the SMC F 28-80mm it looks as good on FF as it does on APS-C. I wouldn't use f/4.5 all the time though I prefer f/9 which gives overall good sharpness and edges almost as good as the centre. Must try mine on the K-1.

All good shots apart from the dandelion which is possibly too close to focus.

--

The dandelion IS in focus or the camera would not have taken the photo.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

Algernon

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 10:48
walkeja wrote:
The dandelion IS in focus or the camera would not have taken the photo.

Electronic focus aids don't work unfortunately. I wish Pentax would finally improve them...... probably take about a week. I've been waiting since I bought an ME-F in 1981

If you don't believe me try moving the camera slowly towards the subject and then moving away from beyond the subject or focus from infinity to the subject and then from the closest distance on the lens turning it to infinity. You get two beeps confirming focus in two different positions as though there were a DOF. Neither position is in focus and it's effected by how far away the camera is from the subject.

It's controlled by the calibration setting, but only works at the test distance.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 01/05/2018 - 10:53

walkeja

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 15:08
I have just zoomed in close and the "bits" in the middle of the flower are in focus.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

Algernon

Link Posted 01/05/2018 - 15:59
It must be the forum software then It should look something like these...

http://mygreegar.com/index.php/plants/wild-flowers/22-wildflowers-11-dandelion

Make some Jelly out of it......

http://www.bakersbrigade.com/recipe/moms-dandelion-jelly/
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 01/05/2018 - 16:01
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.